reached my goal weight but still feel fat

Options
I weighed in today at 112lbs, btw im 5''6 (weighed myself on 2 diff weighing scales to make sure).:happy: :drinker: Im delighted with that, but I still feel fat and still can't get into those jeans :mad: :mad: :mad: they're a size 6 UK. probably a US size zero. Grr hmm what to do?

Replies

• DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Personally i'd rather see a girl in size 10 UK or something rather than a 6, way too small for me :D 112lbs is not very heavy at all, so you shouldn't try and lose any more! That's my opinion anyway ;)
  • Alexandra888
    Options
    I think that your at really good size for your height so dont worry about it. Besides, a US size 0 is tiny!!
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    wow....ur complaining about being fat at 112 and a size 0???? i dont see the problem......are you trying to be just skin n bones?? i think u should just be proud of youself for being that thin and healthy and reaching ur goal!
  • ractayjon
    Options
    strength training. Your weight may be your goal but if you have no muscle then you probably feel flabby. I would concentrate on some strength training. The scale may go up a bit but it will not be fat weight that you are gaining it will be tone and lean muscle - it will make you look tighter...not flabby.
    Im 5'7 and my comfortable weight is about 135 (when I can get there) - so at 5'6 and 112 Im sure you are tiny. give it a try!
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think you need to just get rid of "those jeans" and not worry about it. 112 is slim for my height and you are 2 inches taller than me.
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Congrats on making it to your goal weight...

I want to share something that I feel everyone woman needs to hear! No matter what size you are, no matter what YOU think you look like... there is always someone who loves you JUST THE WAY YOU ARE! I think as women we set ourselves up for failure. We get "skinny" and yet all we see in the mirror is fat! It's absolutely rediculous! And I'm saying this to myself as well. I was 130lbs at 5'5'' and I thought I was fat! There is something seriously wrong with that! You are beautiful... so what if you can't fit in that size 0 (US) pant... You have to know that to even be able to fit in that size you can't be fat at all!!!

Love yourself ladies... You deserve to love yourself!!! You work hard to get what you want and need... don't sabotage yourself anymore!!!
  • TiredofQuitting
    Options
    Please seek some counselling as this may be much 'deeper' than you realize and is not about your weight/size at all.
  • kiwigurly89
    Options
    I totally know how u feel! I reached my goal weight 115 and I still feel like a fatty! I have this 1 tummy roll that wont go away!! Anyone have suggestions to flatten it??
  • 2kidzlater
    2kidzlater Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    112 and 5'6. Maybe you need to give yourself a break. If you got any thinner you just wont be healthy lookng. Chuck the jeans and go buy yourself a pair that fit your body now. Great Job!:smile:
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    Thank you all!

While I did lose the weight in a healthy way, I have obsessive compulsive disorder,I'm a perfectionist.I will try harder at toning up more :):flowerforyou:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and got to 119 once and was a US size two and felt fat...everyone told me I was too skinny but I saw fat here and there and everywhere! It's a body image problem, your mind is distorting what you see. You should seek the help of a professional.. in my opinion...losing weight can be a slippery slope and maintenance is really hard if you still believe you have to lose lose lose....
    My body would not stay that low and once I started gaining I started throwing my Healthy weight loss out the window and did ANYTHING to keep the weight off. Rock hard bodies do not happen over night so keep training but work on your body image and please don't lose anymore:flowerforyou:
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    112 at 5'6 puts you right on the border between underweight and healthy weight. If you honestly have OCD that could be causing your problem. I have OCD (very severe at one time) and I know it distorts reality and can cause alot of unhealthy habits. Size zero is just that zero, nothing. My opinion would be to chunk those jeans and start feeling good about who you are as a person and not worry about size or weight.
  • sineadmm
    Options
    112 at 5'6 puts you right on the border between underweight and healthy weight. If you honestly have OCD that could be causing your problem. I have OCD (very severe at one time) and I know it distorts reality and can cause alot of unhealthy habits. Size zero is just that zero, nothing. My opinion would be to chunk those jeans and start feeling good about who you are as a person and not worry about size or weight.

I've had ocd since I was a kid. Took benzodiazepines for it, they did help a little, but not as much as I needed them to.
    Thanks for your advice.. I think part of the problem is from when people used to call me fat, thats stuck with me since..
  • sineadmm
    Options
    I totally know how u feel! I reached my goal weight 115 and I still feel like a fatty! I have this 1 tummy roll that wont go away!! Anyone have suggestions to flatten it??

I TOTALLY know where you're coming from.I am now skinny with a flabby tummy. My hips are still big, how annoying is that, after months of hard work and counting calories, giving up soda. :explode: :sad:

I know,I know.. there's a good side, Im fit an healthy! But still unhappy with my body:sad:
  • Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you need to do more toning workouts. I don't know what your current workout regime is like but do some wt. training.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Hey, big hips are hot, don't get too down on them. Focus on toning your muscles, and learning to be happy at your own healthy weight. Not everyone can be a size 0! Besides, women's clothing sizes are a bit like golf scores... unless you're a professional, you have no idea what they really mean, you just know higher is worse! If you're really worried (and it sounds like you are) go see your doctor and talk about what healthy parameters are for you.