What is your diary set to?

Options
Is your diary public, private, friends only or locked with a key/password?

And why?

Mine is locked with a key. The reason is that my "net" after exercise is a lot lower than 1200 and 1. I don’t want to be a trigger to any ED folks who may be in recovery and 2. I got sick of people telling me I was going to drop dead from starvation because I don’t eat back all of my exercise cals. I also had someone once email me and tell me I had a terrible diet because I ate a cookie one day… Yeah. So locked with a key it went.

How about you guys?

Replies

• kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    LOL. Sorry, that was funny. I can't imagine random people just emailing me about my diary -- that almost tempts me to make it public!! Mine is set to friends only.

ETA: How dare you eat a cookie! For shame!!!!!
  • D3vAnge1
    D3vAnge1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    hmmm...should I reevaluate my settiing? lol :laugh: No really, should I?

I think mine is for friends only, but then again I'm on a cal-restricted diet per medical provider and I haven't gotten any of those responses as U had, which were quite humerous if U ask me...Does that show up "under medical advisement"?:huh:
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Mine's public. Mainly in the event that I have a question about something it's easy for people just to look. Also because I tend to talk a lot about things I do, what I eat, how my settings are etc... so if people want to look they can (just ignore the last 2 days :P) Does not bother me.
    I also had someone once email me and tell me I had a terrible diet because I ate a cookie one day… Yeah.

I eat pie and ice cream and all kinds of other stuff - still losing 1 - 3 lbs a week so not really into what other people's opinions of my food are I guess.

I think for those people who are on medical supervision probably you are safer to be locked or friend only.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Mine is friends only.

If they complain that I eat the occasional cookie (or like this weekend, pizza and barbecue), they can kiss my butt. They are friends to support, not to criticize. I don't THINK I have any friends recovering from an ED. If they are, I am completely unaware of it - everyone seems to be trying to lose weight.

There are some days that I don't eat back all of my exercise calories. Most days, actually. I eat quite a bit - I never go hungry or feel like I want more food. I even went an entire week of eating a whole avocado to up my calorie count every day and never reached that goal. I'd rather be satisfied than make myself sick from eating too much.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    public...anybody wants to critique the way I eat can have at it...

other than that I feel it's useful to know what someone eats themselves when you read suggestions and comments. Also I filled out my profile with useful info to let you know where I'm coming from when I make serious replies in diet, nutrition, and excercise threads.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    public, i know i eat crap and i dont care who els knows it to:bigsmile:
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Mine's public. The reason I made it public is because if I know everyone can see what I'm eating, I will be less inclined to indulge in crap because I would be ashamed of myself and worried about what people would think. And I just can't lie about what I eat. It would defeat the purpose of me being here.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Mine is friends only.

If they complain that I eat the occasional cookie (or like this weekend, pizza and barbecue), they can kiss my butt. They are friends to support, not to criticize.

^this.

I am not interested in eating completely "clean" for many reasons and I don;t need people on my case that I eat ramen noodles.
  • PandaPants0612
    PandaPants0612 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Public. If people don't like it, they don't have to look. I have nothing to hide.
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    Locked with a key. If someone wants to see what I'm eating, just ask. Otherwise, it's not your business. (((shrugging))) lol

Erica

PS I had a delicious fancy piece of cheesecake at a fancy restaurant the other night. *gasping* For shame! tsk tsk Hope that cookie was good cuz my cheesecake surely was! lol
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Public.

I don't feel my food is that private an issue besides, I'm kind of proud of the way I'm eating again. I don't always hit my calories but I'll change if I stop seeing results.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Mine is public. Many moons ago someone asked to see it so I opened it and just never changed it back. I've rarely gotten comments on it, but I can't imagine I'd care too much if I did.
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    mine is open to everyone, it helps to keep me on track.
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Mine's public. Nobody has ever messaged me about it, but I don't have any friends so I don't know who would be looking at it anyway. I wouldn't care what anyone has to say about what I log unless it's really spot-on input that I was somehow overlooking. Normally I'm pretty proud of how I eat, although these last couple weeks have been pretty crappy, but I don't need anyone to look at my diary and tell me that!
    I like looking at people's food diaries when I see they've lost tons of weight or just perusing through people with different eating styles than my own to get ideas.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Mine is friends only.

There are some days that I don't eat back all of my exercise calories. Most days, actually. I eat quite a bit - I never go hungry or feel like I want more food. I even went an entire week of eating a whole avocado to up my calorie count every day and never reached that goal. I'd rather be satisfied than make myself sick from eating too much.

Same as me, friends only but never had any criticisms, except for a query why I never ate breakfast, answer, I just do not fancy it early in the day

I have stopped logging my exercise, it was not much anyway but it will hopefully prevenr food Nazi whinging I have not eatern up all my calories, like I am some 5 year old leaving his "greens"
  • jooonesy
    jooonesy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I used to keep mine private, but recently changed it to friends only. Sometimes I do feel a little self conscious when I indulge (for example, the cheeseburger I had for lunch), but ultimately it's my body so if you don't like it, too bad.
  • sedavis62
    Options
    Cool topic. I'm new and have kept mine private until it makes sense to do otherwise. Reading these replies has given me a lot to think about. I'm not good with criticism and know there are Food Police out there, just like with anything else. But I eat generally healthy stuff and think maybe my choices might help others, just as reading other diaries has helped mine. I dunno. Maybe I'll test it out with just friends and see. Thanks for bringing up the subject!

Sue
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Public - I also like knowing other people can see what I eat. It makes me work harder somehow. And I like to get feedback (even if it is harsh) and ask questions.

Plus I love to see what others are eating to get ideas - I wish everyone was public!
  • Aplmark
    Aplmark Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I made it private for a short time after I got negative feedback about what I had eaten, after I thought about it I opened it up to friends only
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Mine is public. I have nothing to hide, and don't care if people look. I am actually really proud of what I eat on most days. If someone has a problem with something they see there, I don't think it would really bother me. I am doing what I think is right for me, and I know that other people have different opinions about what you should eat, though they should not criticize what they find in someone elses diary!