I'm feeling tired / lazy....

Options
..... and am in need of a verbal push to get me to the gym this evening. Can anyone help me out? Be blunt, aggressive, humorous / humourless, I don't mind but all input is welcome.

Thanks x

Replies

• Joanna_Poole
    Joanna_Poole Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Remeber that for every minute you spend in the gym- even it's only 30 minutes, you've lapped someone on the couch! :)
  • Gelly_Bean
    Gelly_Bean Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks Joanna, if only the couch wasn't so appealing :P
  • bhawk82
    bhawk82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Remeber that for every minute you spend in the gym- even it's only 30 minutes, you've lapped someone on the couch! :)

Haha, I love this!
  • ShannaHeidelberg
    Options
    It's hard to get motivated to work out. I walk around the parking lot at work on my breaks and at lunch, even if it's just 5 minutes at a time. My coworkers encourage me and so I go, even when I don't feel like it. After I walk, I feel so much better about myself. You know you will too! Get to that gym this evening!!!
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    No one ever regrets going to the gym and getting a good work out in. Many regret not going . . .
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym. Put on your workout clothes and get started. If you are truly exhausted and can't handle it once you've started, quit and go home. Most of the time when I person does this, they stay and finish their workout.
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Sweat is fat crying! Get off your butt and make it rain!!!!!
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I feel like you too but when I think about it I go, "THIS IS FOR ME. I'm doing it for myself. To better myself." Then I think about people who are around me who have made it and i go, "I CAN MAKE IT TOO!" lol. I'm very competitive and I don't know i use others and my past to motivate me.

Remind yourself of THE REASONS why you decided to get off your butt and remind yourself of how good u look after u are done!
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym. Put on your workout clothes and get started. If you are truly exhausted and can't handle it once you've started, quit and go home. Most of the time when I person does this, they stay and finish their workout.

lmao agreed! That's me right there! While running my cardio workout I'll be like, "25 minutes and eh i'll stop.." but then I end up with 30 minutes of cardio.
  • meer__kat
    meer__kat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sweat is fat crying! Get off your butt and make it rain!!!!!

HAHAHA I never heard that before - love it!
  • LabrakaDebra
    LabrakaDebra Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    +1 This one is my personal favorite mantra - "I can do anything for 5 minutes". Just promise yourself that you'll go work out for 5 minutes, that's all.
  • Gelly_Bean
    Gelly_Bean Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I kept doing 5 minutes until I reached 30 on the stairmaster, and I have a 40 min walk round trip, so glad I went even though I feel like I'm broken.... in a good way :S

Defo a thread worth keeping for reference x