Anyone else wanna skip weekends?

Options
These past few weekends have been a nightmare!! I do really good during the week with keeping track of food, calories, and working out but then Friday rolls around and Jessica is bad. It doesn't help that one weekend we had the state fair, the next weekend was my bridal shower, and then this coming weekend is my bachelorette party. I just wanna skip every weekend till I get to my wedding next month! These few weekends have really messed up my progress. I just want to lose 5 pounds before 10-13. Does anyone else think weekends should be outlawed?

Replies

• michelledanny
    michelledanny Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree - I do really good until 5 pm on Friday and then I start being good again on Sunday! Friday Nights and Saturdays are hard!!! I feel your pain!
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Oh, I hear you! This month, I've had the Minnesota State Fair the first weekend. The next weekend we went to an all-day celebration at a local brewery on Saturday and had a last-minute invitation for wine and dessert that night, then a pot-luck at a friend's house with home-made fried chicken. Last weekend, I had a bridal shower and two concerts. This weekend already have happy hour on Friday night and a going-away party that we're hosting on Saturday. Weekdays are really no problem, but weekends are hard - largely because I have far less control over my food if I'm out and about with friends. I've begun planning for extra cardio on the weekends because I have more time and to give me a few more calories to play with.
  • HeatherSLosinIt
    HeatherSLosinIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you want. For myself, I can't let myself "skip" weekends. Sure, I mess up once in a while, but I am learning a whole new way of living and treating myself. I don't look at it as being deprived of anything. If I do that, I'd be miserable. Instead, I am looking for new "treats" etc.
    When I know I am going to go out to eat, I eat something filling at home that's low in calories about a half hour before, then I just get something small, and don't order something insane because I am so hungry.
    When we're going to go to the bar, I have one or two small Windsor and Pepsi, but I spread them out. I'll have one when we get there, then order diet Dew for most of the rest of the night and maybe get one more drink before we leave. I don't feel like I am missing anything at all.
    When there's a party or something, I still eat the cake and icecream etc, but I have a very small portion and take small bites. I find that I am able to really enjoy the flavors of these good things way more than I used to when I'd just wolf it down, and let's face it, that's really why we eat these things, because they taste so good.

Good luck and congrats on your upcoming wedding!
  • gwyneth5040
    Options
    I am the same way. In the past what I have done is been prudent about calories earlier in day, to save some up for evening when I go out. So then it's oatmeal for breakfast, fruit for snacks and salad for lunch and drinking only water/unsweetened tea. That way you can save yourself a few "bad" calories in the evening.
    It's not a perfect system, but it gives you some wiggle room.
    Oh... and don't forget you're human! If you make a mistake one meal/day/weekend, just forgive yourself and move on. There's no sense on punishing yourself.
  • jgeil07
    jgeil07 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am glad I am not the only one out there. :)

Another thing that frustrates me is men. My future brother in law came in last night and was bragging about losing weight when all he eats is junk food. I mean this kid eats Taco Bell, has two bags of Halloween candy next to his computer and he still loses weight. My fiance is the same way. I know I know, men are different and their ability to lose weight is way better than us females but still - I am jealous.

I think after this weekend, I should be able to do better! It's my last major pre-wedding event, then all the weekends leading up to the wedding should be good weekends. All I want is to be the same weight I was when I had my last dress fitting, which is 2 stinking pounds away.
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Another thing that frustrates me is men. My future brother in law came in last night and was bragging about losing weight when all he eats is junk food. I mean this kid eats Taco Bell, has two bags of Halloween candy next to his computer and he still loses weight.

He'll be toast when his metabolism slows down if he keeps eating like this!

Good luck with all the pre-wedding stuff. I lost weight the couple of weeks before my wedding without really even trying - nerves and lots to do!
  • jgeil07
    jgeil07 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yep, he'll be screwed and I will just sit there and laugh at him!