Abs workout

Options
How often should you work your abs? I took an abs class today and realized I need to get to work on toning my core! I tend to neglect this area which is not good!

I have p90x so I'm planning on doing ab ripper-x every other day, if not daily. Would this be too much?

Replies

• soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of isolating abs--Jillian Michaels has a lot of DVDs that provide exercises that INVOLVE abs but also work other muscle groups. That said, I've started "isolating" abs 2 days/week for about 15 minutes/day with some decent results. And of course ab work won't do much good until the fat comes off (story of my life), so cardio/diet/other routines will help with that too. I hope that helps!
  • msperkey3
    msperkey3 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I do ab ripper every other day...
  • Moniqua1
    Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Your core is just about the only thing that you CAN work everyday. Do as much as you like.
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Disagree - even on Ab Ripper, Tony Horton says not to do it daily.
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't specifically isolate abs everyday. but i do abs 3x a wk - isolated & the rest of my lifting uses my core to some degree... so that's my 2 cents.
    PS. i did ab ripper 2x a wk for 2 months & was already seeing results - plus a low fat / high protien diet...
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Pilates is totally killing me in the core department. "The Hundred" makes me want to die. Maybe alternate Ab Ripper with some pilates videos on youtube? Pilates works your legs really well too.