its a teenage thing...

Options
im hungry and tired all the time!! i blame it on being a teenager, but i know i seriously need to get over it.
any advice on the matter?

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    im hungry and tired all the time!! i blame it on being a teenager, but i know i seriously need to get over it.
    any advice on the matter?

Are you eating enough?
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed and we have no other information..so...Eat and Sleep?
  • 12weekstoloseit
    Options
    oh well i just started mfp tonight, planning on getting on track tomorrow :) thats why you cant see it.
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get enough rest!! That'll help you. If you always have the munchies, watch your calories, as long as you aren't going way over, you can always snack... Just eat the right thing. Grab veggies or fruit and eat that. :) Hope this helps!
  • 12weekstoloseit
    Options
    thankyou very much! yes that helps a lot
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, I suggest eating. Seems a simple fix.
  • rmcgreal
    Options
    Exercise will actually help you feel better! If you exercise to the point where you're panting and sweating and your heart is pumping quickly, you will obviously feel tired. But if you exercise to that point regularly, you will actually feel more energetic when you're not exercising! Plus is will help raise your metabolism! But you must remember to also eat enough lean foods so that you have something to burn when you exercise. I'm a teenager too! If you ever want to talk send me a message! Good luck :)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Don't laugh. I blog for Psychology Today. I have a post on this - Adolescents Are Like Toddlers:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/thinking-about-kids/201009/what-middle-school-parents-should-know-part-i-adolescents-are-toddle

Basically it argues you're growing as fast as a 2 year old and need a lot of sleep and a lot of calories to do it. Otherwise you get tired and grumpy like a 2 year old.

You might also look at Vitamin D. A Vitamin D deficiency can make you tired. You get Vitamin D from being out in the sun and also drinking milk. If you don't get enough of either, you get tired.
  • 12weekstoloseit
    Options
    i actually love that :P I feel like a grumpy two year old when i dont eat or sleep enough, which i definitely thought i did. But i guess you can all see my progress starting tomorrow. thanks so much for all the advice :) I appreciate it heaps!
  • 12weekstoloseit
    Options
    thanks heaps :P I never train to that level where i feel completely wrecked...but i need to push myself more!
  • fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Don't worry you grow out of it, everything is perfect and sorted by the time you hit your twenties ... :drinker:

(Shhhhhhhh nobody tell them I'm lying, when OP gets to twenty we'll say it's thirty).:tongue:
  • 12weekstoloseit
    Options
    haha oh no! and i had my hopes up for the next couple of years...
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Eating enough as a female teenager is crucial to optimal development. A neighbor of mine has an anorexic daughter who just found out that, due to her years of chronic malnourishment, she will never have peak bone density and calcium supplementation will not reverse the damage she has done.
  • 12weekstoloseit
    Options
    thankyou, i really appreciate the input and support. But i can guarantee you thats not my issue :P