I have reached my plataeu!

Options
So I started this calorie couting thing on January 3rd! I have lost 17 lbs....I ate horrible before. But now I am am staying at the same weight..I don't eat that many calories..not because I am not eating but because I completely changed my diet....does anyone have any suggestions i stil want to lose 13 more lbs to be at my goal weight!

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Jan 3rd 2010 ???????
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    If you just started Jan 3 and have lost 17 so far I doubt you're hittting a plateau just yet. That is a good amount of weight to lose in that amount of time.
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Ok, I looked at your diary. Is that all you are eating??? If so you are definitely not eating enough. Not even close.
  • caristear
    Options
    OH ya I agree! You're not eating nearly enough! On days that you don't workout you should be eating 1200 calories, then on the days that you do workout (if you do and you should) you should be eating maybe 1300-1500 calories! Also you're not eating vegetables at least that I saw!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    If you're eating less than 1200 cals a day EVERY day, I'm not surprised you stopped losing weight. You've put your body into survival mode. You need to eat 1200 minimum to survive. Congrats on weight loss, but get your diet together, hon, or you'll hurt yourself!
  • mswing7674
    Options
    I looked at your diary and it just appears that simply you AREN'T eating ENOUGH!!!!... You need to eat nothing less than 1200 calories a day... and exercise... you will continue to lose... especially if you get your calorie intake up!
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If you're eating less than 1200 cals a day EVERY day, I'm not surprised you stopped losing weight. You've put your body into survival mode. You need to eat 1200 minimum to survive. Congrats on weight loss, but get your diet together, hon, or you'll hurt yourself!
    what she said!
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I also looked at your food log and it look to me like you have put your body into starvation mood..You need to eat more sounds crazy I know but you need to eat all of your calories ..your body is storing what you are eating...My suggestion eat more!!
  • xeniasimms
    Options
    Your body thinks you are starving to death! HOW are you surviving on 500-800 calories day? U r going to make yourself very sick or possible damage your organs or brain if you don't eat more. Eat more vegetables and more protein (less in the form of lunchmeat) and get AT LEAST 1200 calories a day and you should break the plateau!
  • trisha8283
    trisha8283 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes January 3, 2010.
  • trisha8283
    trisha8283 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the imput! I am trying to eat more but with my busy schedule...I am never hungry....I used to eat about the same just fast food all the time! I guess i need to take more food with me!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Yeah, hun. If you've really been logging everything you eat, looks like you need to eat about twice as much. Give eating double a few weeks and I bet you'll start losing again. Don't be scared if you gain weight at first -- you probably will, but your body needs to adjust to it because what you're doing now is really unhealthy.

See how MFP is recommending you eat so many more calories? You really should. You should also read these:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the 100 calorie packs.. I leave one in my car at all times so that way if im on the run i can at least snack on something...
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Take some calorie dense, nutrient rich snacks with you. For example, Target & Costco both sell awesome cranberry & nut mixes that are sodium free. They taste amazing! 1 cup will bump you up 500 calories. I dunno about you, but 1 cup is not a whole lot of food in my book.
    Also take fruit, and pack veggies. Sliced red bell peppers taste like candy to me!
    Another thing to do is eat a substantial breakfast like poached eggs on toast, or peanut butter & bananas on toast. Protein packed and delicious! They also only take a minute or two to make. I highly recommend liquid meals as well like Ensure. Often I will have one with a banana.
  • LindseyD
    Options
    First - Congrats but you should do it the right way, if you are not taking in enough calories your body will start to try and work slower or shut down altogether to work with that amount of calories. So just not eating is never the answer. Eat a bunch of veggies and you'll get full before you reach 250, and do something active to keep your metabolism up - I don't believ you need 1500 calories a day but you do need to keep your body working and if you're in tune with it then listen and if it says you want steak have a protein shake, etc. Healthy alternatives but keep eating and working at it.
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    OMG, not enough calories!

Please eat at LEAST 1200!!