can't eat all my calories :-(

Options
I'm just under 1200 with just over 600 calories left. Its nearly bedtime and don't want to sleep on a heavy stomach

Replies

• Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are under eating all day. Plan your meals out better and there shouldnt be any reason why you would have 600 left at the end of the night.

Eat a snack after breakfast, one after lunch, and one after dinner. Spce them out like 2hrs before each meal. It will fill up your calories and not leave you with a huge deficit at the end of the night.
  • fueledbychange
    fueledbychange Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I usually have the same problem! Like what the above poster said, if you plan your meals out next time and make sure they all are more calories than what you usually have, you probably won't have this problem again. A good way to add some extra healthy calories to a meal is with peanut butter for sweeter things, and some chicken/turkey/fish with savory meals.
  • neesha2zumba
    Options
    Have a habit of using my calories on lunch and dinner, skip breakfast most mornings or have a meal replacement bar
  • neesha2zumba
    Options
    Not a peanut butter fan, would rather just have a hanful of peanuts and almonds.
    I don't want to end up eating junk to make up the calories
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Use healthy fats in your foods - cook with them, etc. because they will quickly add to your caloric intake. Almonds are a great snack too and pretty high in calories due to their good-fat content.

Also, I agree with other posters who say plan your food better - eat meals and snacks every day. I eat every 2-3 hours until I have 2 full meals and 3 snacks in a day.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Replace "lite" yogurt with greek yogurt. Fat-free, low fat or full fat, depending on your needs. You'll get more protien and calories.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    You've got to plan better. Snacks during the day. I think I responded to a thread earlier that you were trying to maintain. If you don't eat enough calories you will continue to lose...
  • neesha2zumba
    Options
    I have 2 big meals a day and loads of snacks but my snacks are all low in calories so will have to change those. I am maintaining my body weight and do exercise 4-5 times a week
  • neesha2zumba
    Options
    I'm going to have peanuts and almonds before I go sleep, your right the calories are more and that brings me to my calories if I hadn't done any exercise and will work out spreading my food and snacks during the dayy
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    If you're expecting to lose weight, EAT!!! You can not lose weight the healthy way by starving yourself.

You didn't come to this site for weight loss help if you could live on 600 calories a day. Plan better :happy:
  • neesha2zumba
    Options
    The thing is I do eat. When I was on 1200 calories I was just making it. Now I'm on 1550. There's not a point when I'm starving as I eat small amounts. I'm one with losing and now maintaining
  • AlexPlam97
    AlexPlam97 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you have a blender make a smoothie and add whey protein to it or cottage cheese:)
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Not a peanut butter fan, would rather just have a hanful of peanuts and almonds.
    I don't want to end up eating junk to make up the calories

peanut butter is junk!?!!! *faints* :p
  • neesha2zumba
    Options
    No peanut butter isn't junk I'm just not a fan of it. My weakness is coke, chocolate and desserts :faints:
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I am kind of the same way. Eat like 7 times a day but I am never ever hungry enough to eat what MFP suggests. I feel full as **** right now on 500 calories lol
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry, don't eat tonight. But tomorrow, plan out your meals. Have a higher calorie snack (almonds, an avocado) if you need to. One day at 1200 instead of 1800 isn't going to kill you, but use this as an opportunity to learn to plan
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Drink some cal (Juice and a handful of nuts, or a table spoon of peanut butter, not overly filling but full of calories).

That said, if this is a one day thing, don't worry about 1 day, if you are consistently under then eat/drink up.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 1200 with just over 600 calories left. Its nearly bedtime and don't want to sleep on a heavy stomach

Just checked out your diary???

You have not eaten under 1200 cals with 600 left are you for real???

You have eaten 1719 cals and I checked back for the last week and you always eat a similar amount, super weirdo, why lie about stuff!!!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'd love to take those extra cals off your hands...
  • samlankford
    Options
    yeah when I need calories I add in another protein shake, some unsalted nuts/dried fruit, bananas, high fiber cereal or some plain oatmeal with vanilla extract/cinnamon and maybe drizzled with a little honey...:bigsmile: