OH just make up my MIND!...............

Options
OK ................so 2 slices of Sara lee multi grain has 45 calories? 2 slices huh? and 1 slice of Schwebel's smart lite has 35 calories. FOR 1 SLICE and pepperridge farms stone ground wheat has 110 calories for 1 slice . ..... hmmmm and One of my wheat wraps has 170 calories for 1 .Then i found another kind of wrap for 60 calories made with the same stuff. Some one is lying or it is what it is. What is the truth?????????

Replies

• kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Per their website the Sara Lee bread is 45 calories per slice.
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    you should stay away from these diet breads..they have high fructose corn syrup and other fillers...

try Arnold or Pepperidge Farm Whole Wheat or Multigrain bread...they are less processed and have better nutritional value...
  • Nibarlan
    Options
    Multigrains all the way, they taste better(to me at least) and are better for you!
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    Per their website the Sara Lee bread is 45 calories per slice.
    Ok that makes a little more sence , I swear my sara lee bag said 45 calories for 2 slices. I have been eating it like crazy.WHOOPS :( ............I would like to know what the lowest calorie best tasting bread product is. :)
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    I love the pepperridge farm ones but they are 110 calories a slice it makes a sandwich dang near 400 to 500 calories. or more just because of the bread :(
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    have half a sandwhich.
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I like the Pepperidge Farm Light Style 7 Grain bread. It has a nice nutty flavor and 45 cals per slice.
  • kayfrog
    kayfrog Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    you should stay away from these diet breads..they have high fructose corn syrup and other fillers...

try Arnold or Pepperidge Farm Whole Wheat or Multigrain bread...they are less processed and have better nutritional value...

I love arnold bread! It's the only brand I've found where their multigrain isn't overly dry or icky tasting :)
  • jwallner04
    jwallner04 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like the Pepperidge Farm Light Style 7 Grain bread. It has a nice nutty flavor and 45 cals per slice.

This is the kind of bread I use. Great tasting!
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    The problem I find with low calorie breads is that's there's not much substance to them. They're very airy and don't hold up well. That being said, I really appreciate that I can make a sandwich using actual bread and not cry because of the calorie count.

Healthy Life whole wheat 35 calories per slice is pretty good. The taste is pretty good. Its slightly bitter on its own, but completely acceptable in sandwich form.

Aunt MIllie's 100% Whole Wheat 40 calories per slice is pretty bitter in my opinion.

Aunt Millie's Multi-grain 35 calories per slice. Pretty legit. I haven't done side by side comparisons, but I feel like this bread is less airy than others.

Aunt Millie's potato bread 35 calories per slice. The taste isn't anything special. Its a good tasting bread, but not good enough to keep me from choosing the multi-grain option.

Those are the really low calorie options I've tried. I really like Meijer's Whole wheat sandwich bread. Its has 60 calories per slice which is higher than low calorie breads, but its still reasonable and it has that dense bread texture that you can't find in low calorie breads.
  • TSivak
    TSivak Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love the sandwich rounds multiground the best Arnold select or Kroger brands are my favorite and only 100 calories total, taste great, and have fiber. Mmmmmmmmm....
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    Well i just looked at my diary AGAIN and was going to blame MFP'S data base..........and damit if it didnt say 2 slices of sara lee was 90 calories. I guess i was upset for no reason ( nothin new with me) ......W

I to have tried arnold and love it. Definitly go whole wheat or organic or the healthiest i can find . It just flipped me out that 2 slices of one can be 45 and then another be 170 calories