detoxing/fasting

Options
Hi. I need tips on detoxing/fasting.

Replies

• mjones311
    Options
    I had a friend tell me about the apple detox diet, its a 3 day detox and all you eat is apples. There is more info found online. I haven't tried it yet but I really want too! I heard it is good to detox, especially before dieting and that is why I probably need to try it for I have yet to see weight loss. Hope this helps.
  • spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Options
    unless its prescribed by a medical practitioner for a specific reason, detoxing/fasting is just plain bad for you.

the detox fasting things advertised all over the place are pretty much fads/scams.

There really is no need to 'detox' as that is why you have a liver. thats really the only thing that is going to remove toxins from your body.
  • janineswenson
    janineswenson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just finished my last drink of a 48 hr bottled detox liquid. Seems that I'm more bloated than when I started and I gained 1 lb. I'm hoping that some results will show up in a day or two. I've never done one before and i followed the instructions exactly as printed. I've never heard of them not working, but come to think of it, i've never heard of them causing any dramatic weight loss, which is what it seemed to claim ("kick start a diet") and what I was trying for.

J9
  • janineswenson
    janineswenson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This morning I'm down 2 lbs.