Yorkie Fan Club

Options
Iceprincessk25
Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
Alright, they have a jack russel fan club......where's all my yorkie lovers?????

Here's my 2.5 year old little boy. His name is Chewie.

downsized_0416081725.jpg

Replies

• Prnculrich
    Options
    Hmmm how you do a picture in your post
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Awww he's adorable!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Hmmm how you do a picture in your post

You need a website to host it like photobucket and then they give you the code for entering it on to message boards.

What the hell.......No one else has a yorkie???????
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I don't have a yorkie but I love yorkies. i really want to get one. How are they? Easy to train, very destructable???
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Mine was VERY easy to train. He learns new tricks very quickly. Potty training took a little persistance and of course we have accidents every now and then because we live in an apartment....but he's doing great.

He's not yappy at all so thank god for that! Over all a little love bug!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    He is cute! (but not as cute as my Jack Russell!) :tongue:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    He is cute! (but not as cute as my Jack Russell!) :tongue:

He is cute....but I respectfully disagree. he he he.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    poppyhead1.jpg

You know I love my Yorkies! This is Poppy she is 12.
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    dusty8.jpg

Dusty is 5. They never fail to make me laugh!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Chewie and Poppy are both cuties.

I actually have THREE dogs--thanks to my recent acquisition, a Yorkshire Terror---err I mean "Terrier" His name is Bradley. I also have a Lhasa Apso, named Mai Li, (which, I am told, means "beautiful thing" in Chinese, but I am reasonably certain it means "pesky thing" in English ) I also have a back and white Shih tzu named "Pepper."

Bradley, with his propensity for snooping and creatively accessing food that doesn't belong to him, or treats that were hidden away, (or at least were SUPPOSED TO BE hidden away) has inspired my nickname for the three of them collectively--"the three little pigs."

The inspiration for this name came from Bradley's activities on Thanksgiving. I left the "children" home while I had dinner elsewhere, and upon my return, I discovered that Bradley had figured out how to open a cupboard, took out a bag of three doggie chewbones, chewed open the bag and passed one out to each of his two buddies!! They were all three having a "picnic" in the living room, and they certainly seemed thankful to me!!!!

There are pics of Pepper and Mai Li in my profile pics, but none of Bradley posted yet. I have pics in my cell phone, but haven't gotten around to getting the adapter that is needed in order to have the little mini memory card fit into the slot on my pc. He is a big boy--weighs about 15 lbs., and he will eat just about anything. He may be part goat!!!:noway: :laugh:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Dusty and poppy are super cute! I love the long hair on them! Do they liked to be brushed??? Chewie HATES being brushed so it's impossible to keep his hair de-matted when it starts to get longer. Kinda sucks.

He has a skirt haircut right now. It was my sisters idea but it's growing on me. :)
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Hi,

Chewie and Poppy are both cuties.

I actually have THREE dogs--thanks to my recent acquisition, a Yorkshire Terror---err I mean "Terrier" His name is Bradley. I also have a Lhasa Apso, named Mai Li, (which, I am told, means "beautiful thing" in Chinese, but I am reasonably certain it means "pesky thing" in English ) I also have a back and white Shih tzu named "Pepper."

Bradley, with his propensity for snooping and creatively accessing food that doesn't belong to him, or treats that were hidden away, (or at least were SUPPOSED TO BE hidden away) has inspired my nickname for the three of them collectively--"the three little pigs."

The inspiration for this name came from Bradley's activities on Thanksgiving. I left the "children" home while I had dinner elsewhere, and upon my return, I discovered that Bradley had figured out how to open a cupboard, took out a bag of three doggie chewbones, chewed open the bag and passed one out to each of his two buddies!! They were all three having a "picnic" in the living room, and they certainly seemed thankful to me!!!!

There are pics of Pepper and Mai Li in my profile pics, but none of Bradley posted yet. I have pics in my cell phone, but haven't gotten around to getting the adapter that is needed in order to have the little mini memory card fit into the slot on my pc. He is a big boy--weighs about 15 lbs., and he will eat just about anything. He may be part goat!!!:noway: :laugh:

HA HA! Terror is so cute! Chewie EXCELLS at finding treats that are NOT supposed to be for him. He's VERY sneaky. I call him a little vacuum because the second something hits the floor he's over there checking it out. I can't wait to see is pic!

Your other babies are cute too!

I want to get another one but the BF says no until we have a yard. :grumble:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Ice-

Your comment about "vacuum" reminds me of a funny from when my grey Shih tzu (from my ticker) was alive.

I live in a condo and used to have some wonderful neighbors, both in their 80's, who became "Uncle Al and Aunt Carol to Dreyfus and Mai Li, the Lhasa. When the dogs and I would visit them, the dogs always snuffled around the kitchen in hopes of finding "crumbs." Carol referred to them as "Hoover" and "Eureka" :noway: and we always laughed about it. It didn't matter if her cleaning lady had just been there, they ALWAYS inspected that floor with exruciating care!!!:laugh: :laugh:

Catch you later.....:flowerforyou:
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Been MIA for a few days. Poppy and Dusty both love brushing as do my other doggies. Poppy loves all grooming except toenails, Dusty loves all grooming except tooth cleaning. Poppy must be muzzled to have her nails done. No idea why, she has always been that way. I did have a yorkie named Hoover, and he was!
  • luvmygrandkidstx
    luvmygrandkidstx Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Your Yorkie is so adorable. I have an 11-Year old Yorkie named Sissy! She's such a sweet little girl! Will try to post a picture later.
  • luvmygrandkidstx
    Options
    test, to see if my picture uploaded. Didn't work!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Ice-

Your comment about "vacuum" reminds me of a funny from when my grey Shih tzu (from my ticker) was alive.

I live in a condo and used to have some wonderful neighbors, both in their 80's, who became "Uncle Al and Aunt Carol to Dreyfus and Mai Li, the Lhasa. When the dogs and I would visit them, the dogs always snuffled around the kitchen in hopes of finding "crumbs." Carol referred to them as "Hoover" and "Eureka" :noway: and we always laughed about it. It didn't matter if her cleaning lady had just been there, they ALWAYS inspected that floor with exruciating care!!!:laugh: :laugh:

Catch you later.....:flowerforyou:

OMG....chewie is the same way. He will sniff around for hours looking for crumbs. You would think he never got fed!!! If he sees a fuzzle on the floor he runs over to it to see if it's edible!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Been MIA for a few days. Poppy and Dusty both love brushing as do my other doggies. Poppy loves all grooming except toenails, Dusty loves all grooming except tooth cleaning. Poppy must be muzzled to have her nails done. No idea why, she has always been that way. I did have a yorkie named Hoover, and he was!

REALLY???? Chewie HATES it all....brushing....nail trims...baths. He hates getting wet. When it's raining outside he would won't even go out to pee. You have to force him. When his paws get wet he picks them up in this silly dainty way like what the hell is this????
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    test, to see if my picture uploaded. Didn't work!

Did you post it from a site like photobucket? They have to host it for you and then will give you a code to put your pics in message boards.....except the code they give you must be changed to work on this site. The IMG and the end and the beginning of the code needs to be changed to lowercase and then it will work here.
  • luvmygrandkidstx
    Options
    Thank you, I will try that.