Hello!

Options
:smile: I am a 45 year old mother of two. About a month ago, I finally got up the nerve to get back on a scale. I knew I was not going to like the number because I have gradually moved to larger sizes over the years. When I stepped on the scale, the only thing that kept me from bursting into tears was that my 12 year old daughter was there too. I was expecting a high number, but not that high! I would like to lose between 50-60 lbs. Anyway, the next day I made an appointment to see a nutritionist because what I was trying to do myself was obviously not working. Along with starting me on the track to better eating habits and choices, she suggested this site to me. I could use some friends to share stories, recipes, ups and downs and motivation to keep going and not get discouraged. This is going to be a long, slow journey and I don’t want to get frustrated and give up.

Replies

• okiesarah
    Options
    Sent you a friend request.
  • anjiroyden
    anjiroyden Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, good luck with your journey, I'm new to this too but am enjoying logging my food and coming in on target, have sent a friend request
  • bchgrl8
    bchgrl8 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I think you'll love this site! Nothing has really been easier for me..than MFP...and the support is AMAZING!!! Ordinary people, going thru the same struggles your going thru...I wish you the best of luck..friend me!!!:smile:
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I've been where you are. I lost 60+ pounds and was feeling on top of the world, then had an accident and regained 35. I'm going to do it again, and this time make it last. Feel free to friend me if you like.
  • Jenndragonflys
    Jenndragonflys Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started today also! This seems like a great place to start. Friend me & we can work on this together :)