50 Year old battling weight again and again....

Options
I am 50 years old and have battled weight most of my life..... losing 60 lbs gaining 60 lbs...etc. I have used this app and when I do I am successful. Two weeks ago I went to a new doctor. I have used this app and stick to the calorie recommendation but I limit my carbs to 125 grams a day. I have lost 21 lbs. in the last two weeks. I also use an elliptical machine at least 4 days a week. I am up to 50 minutes a day. This is the first time of used the forum. Any help suggestions and friends will be appreciated.

Replies

• Deisel1974
    Deisel1974 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle change is the only thing that will keep the weight off. I am in the middle of that change as we speak!
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You lost 21 pounds in TWO WEEKS? I can't even fathom that! Working out 6 days per week and staying under my calorie goal only gets me about two pounds off per week. Now I'm super discouraged.
  • norge1980
    Options
    That's my problem...... I do a lifestyle change.......then fall back to the bad one...... :-) My goal is to get to 235-40 in the next few months... and keep it off. I've changed doctors and I feel they will help me also find issues/problems. Not throw pills at it but find the root cause and help reverse it. I am type II diabetic and high blood pressure. Hopefully to be off these type of meds in a few months..
  • norge1980
    Options
    Don't be discouraged. Men usually lose more quicker. I was the same way using this app when I first downloaded it. I was working out and gaining... not just lean muscle but bad weight too. Maybe do what my doctor recommended. Limit your carb intake to no more than 125 grams a day. With the bar code scanner on this app it is so much easier. Shopping takes longer because I act like I'm adding to my diary. Then I check carbs only. If they fit then I buy it and discard the search until I actually eat it.... it works.........