p90x calories

Options
I'm new to MFP and I'm trying to figure out how many calories I burn for each of the p90x discs. I searched the forums, but didn't see anything. Do most people just say they burn 600 calories a day?

Replies

• huckleberry0070
    huckleberry0070 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think the 600 estimate is pretty high for some of the workouts, depending how much you weigh and whether you are male or female. I am a 5'4" female and the most I burned was 500-some during plyometrics. For the weight lifting discs you should expect somewhere between 150 and 300, depending how fit you are. If you want to amp up the calorie burn during those workouts, try doing jumping jacks between sets or something to keep your heart rate elevated. The best way to actually see how many calories you are burning during P90X (as Tony suggests) is to get a heart rate monitor. Because even these aren't 100% accurate, though, you might want to subtract 10% from the calorie burn it calculates.
  • Wakeboarder1019
    Options
    Awesome, ty. I guess I do need to get around to getting a HRM. As far as the MFP website goes, do you just add the exercise manually? I was kind of surprised someone hadn't already added this.
  • wrfjrf1978
    wrfjrf1978 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been doing P90X for a coupe of years now. I also wear a heart rate monitor for every workout and record my results each day in Garmin's garminconnect website. On the plyometrics routine I burn an average of 950 calories and on the cardioX routine I usually get around 600 calories. Other routines are in the middle of those, usually 750 to 850 calories. My wife however doesn't burn that much. She usually is about 300 - 500 calories depending on the routine. It does seem that women will burn less than men. I can't say if my heart rate monitor is completely accurate but over time it is a good measure for my personal efforts and lets me know on days when I am working harder or easier than others.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Forget the HRM. I used this site: http://p90xcalories.com/