I am so discouraged :(

Options

Replies

• sasssurf
    sasssurf Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ahhh Merci444 really don't worry. Tomorow another day. It's hard with goodies in the house. I'm the same. I live on my own and can not bring in the house. So glad you told all of us. Never fear your " lapse" is only that. :)
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Just get back on the horse. A pound of fat is 3,500 calories. You probably didn't eat that many calories.

I've also heard that, but over what period of time does that apply? A week? Always been curious about that...

time is not a factor
  • Sogj76
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up too much! Everyone has a bad day. You've been losing and a mistake here and there won't derail that.
  • rdunlap81
    rdunlap81 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    IF you feel that bad then do a little extra exercising today to burn the extra calories. I am sure you will be fine. I have had those days as well. My kids love oreos and chocolate chip cookies. I crave these and if I give in then I eat the right portion and do a little extra exercise. If I don't give in to my cravings then I will eat the whole bag eventually!!!! One bad day isn't bad at all. Just keep working hard and you will be back on track tomorrow. Good luck!
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a day when you just don't care is a great way to reset the body. Sure you may hold water or food in your gut for a small increase over a couple of days but the shock of cheating then getting back on track often confuses the body into breaking any stalls it was in. One day is just one day, heck the goal you've set is for a change to last a life time, no one is going to be perfect everyday so don't sweat the snack bing, accept it for what it was and start again fresh the next day.
  • Sarahkov12
    Sarahkov12 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    We have all been there! I made cookies this past weekend for my husband for our anniversary... I have next to no will power and ate more cookies than any one person should ever eat! I let it get me off track for several days because I am an all or nothing kind of person and an emotional eater. I posted today that I needed support from my friends and I got it! I feel so much better. Every morning is a new day! Don't be to hard on yourself :)
  • semira6
    semira6 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Diz8i8
    Options
    Take each day as it comes. So you messed up today... it doesn't mean you should plan on messing up tomorrow.

If you are having real difficulty sticking to your diet maybe figure out a treat for yourself that fits the diet, but will keep you from being deprieved (sp?). such as, Frozen Yogurt, fruit salad, chocolate dipped banana or just use some portion control and have yoru favorite off diet food and work it into your calories for the day.

If I didn't let myself have pizza now and then, I'd never stick to my diet in the long haul.
  • Dianna00001
    Options
    First: STOP beating yourself up......... U look at what happen and in your mind and Heart .Its done ,Its over and U lived thru it....So start again!!!!!!! WE all slide once in a while ...But, Its a new start!!!!!!!! Have a great evening and instead of beating yourself up GO for a WALK!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    No sympathy here. Get off your butt and exercise and use some will power for petes sake.
  • allnaday
    allnaday Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    fall down seven times, get up 8:flowerforyou:
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Well giving up will defiantly get you no where. So what you had a snack binge, having a binge is defiantly better than giving up. Move on and make the rest of your day great!
  • Chardonneh
    Options
    We all get those, OMG cravings. I use Bread and Butter pickles to satisfy any sweet cravings. Hang in there though, remember your body does adjust to your change in diet. Stick with it, we are here for you.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Try to think about your slip as exactly what it is. A Slip.

When you're walking and you slip you don't necessarily fall down. It's just a slip. Even if you do fall when you slip, do you give up and go back home? Nah, you keep walking. Sure your butt may have a bruise in the morning, but that doesn't stop you from getting where you are going.

The only comparison with eating badly that I could use in this metaphor that should make you stop is if you ate rat poison...the would equal slipping and busting your skull open.

Did ya eat rat poison? No? Then keep walking my friend and get to where you are going !
  • laurabhale
    laurabhale Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pick yourself back up and move on...workout a little bit more next time or something? You can do this!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    don't dwell on it! we all make mistakes, but how we handle it determines where we go from there! :) with that said, those extra calories just may be what your body needed! sometimes when you give your body a little extra after not giving it as much, it thanks you by letting go some fat! lol!!! REALLY!!!!!

I took 2 days off from exercising and my body gave up 2 pounds! now that may be extreme and I don't really know why it happened, but give yourself a break! I eat... lol!!! sometimes I eat dark chocolate mint m&ms and love it!!! I make sure i give the rest of the bag to my children so I don't eat the whole bag!!!!

work the treats into your diet plan. plan for extra cals by exercising more or not having bread or rice... just don't make it a habit because the cals in candy/junks don't have the same nutrition as fruit (which is a good treat if you like sweets!)

God bless your efforts!!! NEVER GIVE UP ON YOU!!!!!!
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    Just get back on the horse. A pound of fat is 3,500 calories. You probably didn't eat that many calories.

I've also heard that, but over what period of time does that apply? A week? Always been curious about that...

time is not a factor

This. A calorie is a unit of energy. Energy that goes unused by our bodies is stored as fat. If your body uses around 2000 calories a day to function and you eat an additional 3500 you will gain a pound of fat. If you eat an extra 500 a day for a week, same result. :)
  • tammymeis
    Options
    Well, the only way you can fail is if you give up....so get that out of your vocabulary.
    And with that kind of temptation in the house, honestly, you may be setting yourself up for a letdown. Snacks that are good for you are good for the entire family too. I know it's really hard to do that with all the yummy goodies out there, but the less processed foods you're family is eating, the healthier everyone will be. And it will be easier on you to not have so many guilt trips about being human and wanting to eat some delicious that is right in your own kitchen. Who wouldn't????
    I have NO will power so I know the concept of trying to stay out of things. So I started swapping out all the processed stuff one by one to get healthier stuff in my hubby and I. He still loves his junk, but we don't have too much of it here anymore. Maybe some light ice cream and that's about all.
    Keep up the good work....don't give up! YOU GOT THIS!!!:wink:
  • Stary714
    Stary714 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Honey, *everyone* will slip up. Even the people who work their butts off everyday have slipped up at one point or another

The important thing to do is to remember that tomorrow is a whole new day and you can start over fresh! :)
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I used to do that all the time ... make one mistake and just give up.

The best advice I ever got was: when you get a flat tire, do you puncture the other three so all your tires are flat?? Well, of course not. You fix the one flat and move on! So when I was making mistakes in my diet, I just needed to fix the mistake and move on.

Even to this day, when I eat something stupid (like an extra-large choc. chip cookie dough / M&M blizzard) I just accept and move on. In the old days I would have just continued eating bad all day!!

Whenever I'm tempted to eat all day after one disappointment, I always repeat that little flat tire saying to myself and it has worked for me!