Weight Loss Aids

Options
Haas anyone tried using green tea and colonease tablets to assist them in losing weight? I read one story that it worked but wondered if anyone else had views on it? Colonease isn't like a laxative which can be dangerous and rot your stomach lining but just gently cleans it out overnight!:tongue:

Replies

• EmilyStrick
    Options
    I wouldn't do the colonease (except during times that you really NEED it)....your body can end up depending on that kind of stuff. Try the green tea, and you can also try cayenne pepper. I don't use any diet aids, but my husband takes green tea and cayenne and he swears it makes a difference!
  • Changes4Life
    Options
    I have learned from yo-yo dieting that there is no magic pill and that even the "aids" aren't good for you probably. It is just hard work, determination, and a healthier lifestyle of eating. If you have to take it then you tend to rely on it. Think of it this way....the weight didn't go on you in a week...it won't come off in a week. Any studies done show that any lasting weight loss...people who don't gain it back over time.....was weight loss done the right way. The hard way. It is harder....but it is the better way...and the way that will keep it off of you for years to come. Laxatives aren't a good way to lose it so just stick with us here on this site, count your calories, and we will help motivate you. I promise you in a month you will be happy you did! :wink:

Have a good day!
  • ErikaSudz
    Options
    I would totally stay away from colonease. I had some serious health issues a year ago and IBS was one of them. Here is what happens with colon cleansing. I've done it, and just want to pass it on. Your colon is a smooth muscle in your body, if you use those products on a regular basis then it WILL become dependent on it. I went through that when I had my health issues. My whole life I had no bowel issues. First thing in the AM I got it out of the way and went on with my day. I started working midnights at a hospital and started getting sick. My periods stopped, I suffered from depression, I was only having a bowel movement every 3 days or so. I was MISERABLE so I turned to a colon cleanser, before the Dr told me to stop working midnights, it got to the point where I couldn't have a bowel movement with out the cleanser. After 4 months, and my stomach aches later, I finally quit using it. It took 6 months for my bowel to get back to normal. So, using the cleanser screwed my bowel up for 10 months. Now I make sure I eat a lot of fiber, and I mean natural fiber not the stuff you add into your water, IE fruits, veggies, beans etc., and my IBS is gone.

As for green tea, I drink black tea in the morning and green tea in the afternoon. 1 cup each. I gave up coffee because I found out it can affect your cholesterol. I highly recommend green tea. I brew my own and do not buy the bottled stuff. Also, I switched to Sun Crystals because the other artificial sweeteners can convert to formaldehyde in the body, as per my dr, which can cause forgetfullness among other things.

Hope this helps,

Erika
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    weight loss aids.....

water
    protein
    fiber
    healthy fats
    fruits
    no refined sugar
    cardio
    weights
    sweat

stay away from a cleanse or pills. I took diet pills for a little while but they just mess with your head.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    weight loss aids.....

water
    protein
    fiber
    healthy fats
    fruits
    no refined sugar
    cardio
    weights
    sweat

stay away from a cleanse or pills. I took diet pills for a little while but they just mess with your head.

LOVE THIS!! Great advice!
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    weight loss aids.....

water
    protein
    fiber
    healthy fats
    fruits
    no refined sugar
    cardio
    weights
    sweat

Pretty darn wise, especially for a young 'un :tongue:
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    oops, forgot whole grains :bigsmile:
  • coxyrach100
    Options
    thanks guys.

i've been eating healthy, staying under a certain amount of calories and swimming yet i'v only managed to lose 4lbs in 3 weeks, i suppose it is better than nothing but I thought i would've have lost more so feeling downhearted and now the past 3 days all i want to do is eat and never feel full!

MRSSUDZ, I too suffer from IBS so as much as I stick to this healthy lifestyle, I don't neccessarily feel good from it. My stomache is bloated at the end of every day and sometimes do not go to the toilet for days on end, maybe a week, that is why i thought colanease would help.

Thank you anyway x