Is repetition OK? Is repetition OK?

Options
Greetings,

I have just completed day 65 (or something!) and I'm satisfied with my results. Thanks to calorie counting, nutritional awareness, diligence, consistency and exercise, I have lost 25 POUNDS (YAY me!)

That said, I go to work five days per week, and I eat the same thing every day for breakfast and lunch. I like my food, I am not bored with it, I DO swap out some items occasionally. Generally, I am happy.

Also, my wife and I walk 5-6 times weekly, 3+ miles, roughly the exact same route. I also ride my bike 1-3 times per week.

My question, is it OK to be so repetitive? Or should I not argue with success.

Thanks,
Richard

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    As long as it is working, don't sweat it!
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I think if you're happy with the routine, keep it up. If you hit a plateau then you can reevaluate. Supposedly you are suppose to change it up every 8-12 weeks, but I get stressed thinking about it. Stress can cause you to gain, so my philosophy is to do what I like, eat what I like, as long as I am logging everything, trying to eat healthy and keep exercising. This is a life style change for me, so I need to enjoy life in order for me to stick to it.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Unless you're eating nutritionally void food, you should be fine. I personally get bored and can't eat the same things all the time, but if you don't mind, you're good.
  • BringingSherriBack
    Options
    I would say as long as your good with it then what's the problem?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    At some point you will plateau. So you can change it now or change it then.. your choice.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    First of all, I came in here because your title made me laugh. Good job.

If it's working, why change it?
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Greetings,

I have just completed day 65 (or something!) and I'm satisfied with my results. Thanks to calorie counting, nutritional awareness, diligence, consistency and exercise, I have lost 25 POUNDS (YAY me!)

That said, I go to work five days per week, and I eat the same thing every day for breakfast and lunch. I like my food, I am not bored with it, I DO swap out some items occasionally. Generally, I am happy.

Also, my wife and I walk 5-6 times weekly, 3+ miles, roughly the exact same route. I also ride my bike 1-3 times per week.

My question, is it OK to be so repetitive? Or should I not argue with success.

Thanks,
    Richard

i am kind of new here, but, i don't see the problem, unless you are bored or something? IF you do get bored, or IF you do hit a plateau, IF that happens, you can repost a new thread on that problem, seems like. :smile: .

If this is working,
    and if you are happy eating same things each day,
    and walking same route each day,
    ~~~so long as YOU are content with it,~~
    and making such fine progress (congrats by the way!!:drinker: )
    then *i* don't see the problem, but, maybe i'm not understanding something about this. (?) lol!!
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    The food doesn't matter too much - I eat just about the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day too with little variation.

I'd find a couple of different walking paths but that's just because I get bored doing the same route day after day. if you're interested and not sure of distances, go on to either mapmywalk.com or gmap-pedometer.com to map out a new route.

As others have said, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
  • got2bstrong
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!

I say keep up the good work with diet and exercise. Just be aware that you are getting proper nutrition. As long as your exercise is not causing injury, keep on trucking!!!

way to go!
  • RichardJWalter
    RichardJWalter Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies and support....looks like it's "steady as she goes!"

Richard