exercising and not losing weight? Jillian's answer...

Options

Replies

• angelapolite
    Options
    Thanks. That was helpful :flowerforyou:
  • mikkijane1
    mikkijane1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    LOVE Jillian!
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Great advice...and I really hope that more people on MFP will notice that at NO time did she mention anything about "upping calories"to jumpstart this individual's metabolism.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Great advice...and I really hope that more people on MFP will notice that at NO time did she mention anything about "upping calories"to jumpstart this individual's metabolism.

Exactly what I was thinking. And I would consider Jillian an expert in weight loss and fitness.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

Exactly what I was thinking. And I would consider Jillian an expert in weight loss and fitness.

Funny, *I* would consider Jillian an expert in selling weight loss videos and making tv shows.

(speaking as someone who raised calories and ended a plateau and met my goal weight and kept it there for 19 months and counting) :huh:
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm subscribed. :)
    I love her info, but she scares the junk out of me as a trainer. LOL.
    (btw, I read that article earlier, and totally agree.)
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Thanks. That was helpful :flowerforyou:
    anglepolite - love your ticker pic
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    and here she support EM2WL

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSpZN4imD44&feature=relmfu

She talk about How you don't want more than a 500cal deficit and how starving yourself will ruin your metabolism.
  • tcoxchristmas
    tcoxchristmas Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    What I like about Jillian is that she also has PCOS and she lost the weight and has kept it off. Because anybody with PCOS knows it's hard to lose weight. Jillian sometimes caters a little bit more to that. I bought her Master the Metabolism cookbook secondhand and she specifically talks about what kind of foods to eat to stabilize blood sugar and other things to help with PCOS.
  • Reisse62
    Reisse62 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bunnp
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    okayyyyy, but you do not need to "change up" your exercise routine every 2 weeks. That's pretty ridiculous. I've been teaching spin for 8 years and dance for . . . a damn long time, and I still burn lots of calories doing both. I would not quit my road cycling because it "doesn't take any energy anymore". That's just silly.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    thanks... i actually like her.
  • rhall9058
    rhall9058 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    okayyyyy, but you do not need to "change up" your exercise routine every 2 weeks. That's pretty ridiculous. I've been teaching spin for 8 years and dance for . . . a damn long time, and I still burn lots of calories doing both. I would not quit my road cycling because it "doesn't take any energy anymore". That's just silly.

While I agree with you, I only partially agree. You may have been teaching all those things for that amount years, but at no point in time did you say, I'm good with this setting all the time. Nope, I'm pretty sure you've pushed it to the next level. Each time you start to feel as though it's getting easier and easier, you push it to the next level, or you take it easy for a while, then push again. That's all the article is talking about by "adding resistance". Doesn't mean she's changing the workout every 2 weeks, but adding resistance to the workout can be considered that change. Just my 2 cents. :)
  • mf0u1098
    mf0u1098 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options

Funny, *I* would consider Jillian an expert in selling weight loss videos and making tv shows.

(speaking as someone who raised calories and ended a plateau and met my goal weight and kept it there for 19 months and counting) :huh:

I agree. Someone eating at 1200 calories and working out that much on an elliptial likely isnt eating enough. 50 minutes on an elliptical would probably burn at least 500 calories for me, which would have me at a NET of 700 calories for the day IF I were on a 1200 calorie "diet". I accidentally followed a similar path and my weight loss came to a screeching halt. I have since increased my cals to NET at least my bmr and eat upwards of 2200 per day and I am still losing. In fact, increasing my cals has never, ever failed me. Cutting my calories has though.

I do love Jillians workouts and just finished Body Revolution. I have nothing but good things to say about that workout, but I would never, ever follow her nutritian plans. In my opinion she lost all credibilty in that area when she started endorsing weight loss "supplements".
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Bump