gained 5 pound in a day!

Options
i weighed in this morning at 11st 9lb i had a wedding today which of course involved a full 3 course meal. I did have breakfast but after the meal i haven't eaten anything else! I just weighed myself before heading to bed and the scales tell me im 12st!!! how could have gained that much weight in one day?

Replies

• astunningimpact
    astunningimpact Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You can't. Unless you ate an extra 17,500 calories, which isn't likely.
  • _granola
    Options
    Water weight. Sodium retention. A lot of food. Poop.
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    i weighed in this morning at 11st 9lb i had a wedding today which of course involved a full 3 course meal. I did have breakfast but after the meal i haven't eaten anything else! I just weighed myself before heading to bed and the scales tell me im 12st!!! how could have gained that much weight in one day?

your body is also prolly including water weight... weigh again in the morning you may find the scale will shift downwards... and try not to let it get to you.... just push through it tomorrow is a fresh day
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Weight in the morning + weight of all the food you eat + weight of all the beverages you drank = your weight in the evening.

This is why you should only weigh yourself at the same time in the day under the same conditions. As in in the buff, first thing in the AM after your dump and before you eat or drink. That way there is nothing extra to confuse the issue.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Did you poop yet?
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    lol.... certainly not of fat. You'd have to have eaten 17500 more calories than you burned...
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    That must have been a BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGG 3 course meal.

It's bloat... or food. Stop worrying and don't weigh at the end of the day. My weight will fluctuate 3-8 lbs from moving until night.
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Ditch the scale.

Seriously. Throw it out.

Or, don't. But if you must weigh yourself, watch for trends in your weight, by weighing in weekly, biweekly, or monthly. I only weigh in on Tuesday mornings, but that is what works for me. Daily is not necessary.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    are you JOKING!? ?! you ate and weighed yourself? That's like me going to drink a gallon of water and asking why I weigh a GALLON OF WATER MORE...that's what 16 cups...8 pounds. seriously?!