ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! 237lbs and now 184lbs!

Options
Can’t believe it’s been a year. A year has now gone by and my life has changed drastically… I mean lets start on the question all of you should ask yourself…. Why should I do this and what would make you stay the course… A year ago, I went to the doctor for sinus issues and right off the bat he thought I had sleep apnea…. When you have this discussion with a doctor, they tell you all the bad things… you could die, you could lose your memory and etc. So he never told me that one thing that can help would be losing weight but I had to learn that on my own. Just imagine hearing that from someone…. Get home and I sit down… my daughter comes to me with a toy and I play with her… bammmmmm my daughter needs me… she will need me to be the man who helps her with anything, the man who walks her down the aisle, the man who helps her play any sport she wants to learn and the man to just be there for her. The reason couldn’t be clearer…I was tired of going into stores and looking for the big pants while others found their sizes easier… I was tired of telling people to not buy my banana republic because I was ashamed of telling them I didn’t fit into their clothes.. My health and my body need me to treat it better…. This was all I needed now… this isn’t like 5 years ago when I just wanted to lose some weight… now someone needs me more than ever and my health needs to improve for the better… this is my reason

As things come into play, its time to start the journey…. I started with 237lbs…. a number that alarmed me… I put in 2lbs a week of weight loss. Cold turkey on a lot of things. No more white bread and processed carbs…. A lot more veggies and fruits… pb and j sandwiches but with natural PB and low sugar jelly. Tuna fish sandwiches and weight control oatmeal. When anyone is on a diet, they want some crazy results. I mean when you are on a diet, you want immediate results… I didn’t think I was getting anything…after the first week, I knew this was going to work. I lost 7lbs the first week. I was surprised by it. then after that first week, it was a slow loss but a good loss. A healthy loss. 2 lbs, 3 lbs, 1 lbs…. it was a loss, plain and simple. If I didn’t lose, I would be hard on myself but I didn’t care. I kept going. The crazy thing was I gave myself a goal til thanksgiving to see how much I lost…. I reached thanksgiving and lost 25lbs… I didn’t even workout… I began going back to the gym two days before thanksgiving. I just did the diet… as the months kept going I changed it from 2lbs to 1 1/2lbs of weight loss and as I neared my goal. I changed it to 1lb a week. By march, I destroyed my goal and thensome. My goal was to finally be in the 100’s…. I reached 180lbs by march… an astonishing number…. A number I thought I could never get to only when I died (LOL) This “lifestyle” is simple… follow the goals set forth by myfitnesspal and just stick to it…. its that simple… no cutting carbs, just eat the good ones… I lived off of wheat bread and wheat pasta…. I didn’t have fat free mayo… I had low cal mayo… I lived off of ground chicken and absolutely love it… People say, “cereal isn’t good for a diet”… bull#$%... I had banana nut crunch for almost a whole month straight and I lost weight… the diet is simple and anyone can do it… you just need the will to do it…

Now… im 184lbs… a healthy 184lbs…. I am working out a lot more frequently and happy to report I don’t have sleep apnea…. No cpap machine or anything… I lost the weight…I was a size 38 in pants pushing 40 and now a 35 and pushing 34. I was a XL in shirts and now a L and pushing medium. Even my shoes went a size lower because I stretched my old shoes out. I had to change my whole wardrobe but what an awesome problem to have. LOL. Hell… my self esteem is even better…

In conclusion, I wasn’t going to let a freaking weight issue hold my life down…. Yodels and all that crap food wasn’t going to control my life… I didn’t want to let it defeat me and hold me back from watching my kid grow up… its not easy… it never is… but you have to ask yourself, what will it take for you to make the change and stick with it… whats it going to have to be… majority in the world don’t have the luck like those “biggest loser” contestants who have trainers 24/7 and meals for them for free…. We all have jobs and real lives… we, who are normal, ordinary people are the real winners… we have the tools in front of us on a simple website and the guidelines to be healthy again. … and not an Atkins diet but a real lifestyle change…You are already on your way of making the change just for reading my whole story… you are here to get better and find more success stories… I can proudly say finally… im a success story… I reached my goals with the help of myfitnesspal.

So feel free to add me as a friend and we can help each other out Go to my profile and i have a collage of before and after… this is an ongoing war because food is sooo delicious(LOL) but we can do this together… you aren’t alone…

SW: 237lbs
GW: 184lbs
CW: 184lbs

Replies

• raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    bumping for all to read
  • Tracepa98
    Options
    What an amazing story! So very happy and proud for you! Your daughter will be happy that she will have her daddy there for a long time.

I had a similar epiphany in my journey. Ive been frustrated for years and finally that day came. Im tired of this weight, I dont want to be this heavy, I want t be healthy. 30 days ago I found MFP and ive lost 16lbs. My goal weight will be around 170ish and let me tell you it will be a joyous day when i reach my first mini goal of ONE-derland.

Thank you so much for sharing and being a continued inspiration here! :flowerforyou:
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a job well done!!!
  • mom2scc
    mom2scc Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    what a great success story! you should be so proud!
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    What a great story...I wish I was losing as fast but you provide inspiration
  • Mrgruntysmom
    Options
    Great job! Being a parent myself, I know exactly what you mean! I owe it to these little ones I created to be there for them in all ways. Thanks for the motivation!
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! well done! .. and thankyou for sharing and being such an inspiration! :drinker:
  • Ginger55k
    Ginger55k Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good job......
  • allthismusic
    Options
    great job!!
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment and amazing story. It seems so simple. I am going to a success story one day. ;) Thanks for sharing.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    thanks all.... like i said... we are all here to help each other out... we are trying to get better for ourselves!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!