Best Food with Fiber Content

Options
What are the best foods with Fiber content?

Replies

• Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Beans are a definite contender!~
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies,beans,brown rice, bran, and nuts are all good
  • tammymeis
    Options
    Make sure you add lost of veggie and fruits in your diet as well as 100% whole grain breads. And even adding extra fiber to your diet with a suppliment is a good thing too. And also one of my favs is a superfood called Chia seed. Great fiber and super nutritious.

www.facebook.com/coachtammym
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Fruits and vegetables are great, as are legumes.

Here's a link listing the fiber content of some these foods http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-fiber-foods/NU00582

As for processed foods, FIberOne makes some good products, although they can be high in sugar (like their snack bars are).

Kashi has some good products as well. Their "Kashi Go Lean" plain cereal has a ton of fiber as well as complete protein. I swear by the stuff and have at least a bowl every day.
  • eecruzmd
    eecruzmd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal

Brown rice

beans

fruits and veggies
  • tubbs_nomore
    Options
    Kelloggs All Bran Buds are the highest fiber in a cereal....and you can put them in anything....a salad, in yogurt, roll a banana in them & drizzle with chocolate then freeze....get creative! pork & beans are super high in fiber as well.
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    General Mills Fibre 1 cereal.
    The fibre one original has 14 grams of fibre in a one half cup serving. It is a bit like eating bark mulch but I like it with berries or half a banana. You can can get it in flakes now too and they are tastier but higher in calories.

Eat it with a cup of raspberries...7gms of fibre
    Oranges and grape fruit contain about 7gms of fibre a serving.
    Apples and pears are also high as are cherries,

As previously mentioned beans are good. Usually about 6-7 grams in 1/2 cup of cooked beans.
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Avacados! (Yummy)
    Plums
    beans

I use Mission Brand "carb balance" tortillas - My current pack has 13 grams of fiber per tortilla

I also like Oroweat Multi-grain sandwich thins and pocket thins.