PCOS ladies?

Options
I have some great friends on here and I'd love to have some more. I'm loosing weight to fight against my PCOS, so if there are any other ladies out there with it feel free to add me... I might be able to help.

Likewise if you just want a friend - drop me a line!

Replies

• verityclaire3389
    Options
    Hiya,

Thats why i'm losing weight because I was told it'll be easier to concieve if I do and it will help all my PCOS sympthoms.
    I started a local weight lose program called LifeMorph and lost over a stone since January but its started creeping back on! So i've now had to try and motivate myself again! Want to be a dress size 14/16 by xmas... running out of time! :P I see you've lost a lot on MFP, I hope I can too! :) xxx
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    ive got pco and find weight loss to be a nightmare! im happy to be friends if you'd like? might help motivate me as well lol
  • saxygirl79
    saxygirl79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Definitely add me as a friend as I have been dealing with PCOS pretty much all my life as well!! We can all use as much encouragement as we can get especially us PCOSers and the difficulty to lose weight with that - but we can overcome it!
  • MollMoll821
    MollMoll821 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS too. Feel free to add me!
  • LadyTCCrawford
    Options
    I am here ...diagnosed with "mild pcos" and told that weight loss can control it. I am TTC a well. I could stand to lose 40 lbs.
  • guwisti
    guwisti Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    PCOS here as well. Was on bcp from 15 until early 20's. Found out had PCOS. Weight has creeped up over the years. Lost a few gained more. Was told would have to lose weight to conceive and my Dr. was quite rude about it. Never went back. Decided husband and I were fine without kids and that I was happy and fine with how I looked. But the scale started to creep closer to a number I am bound and determined not to reach. Have logged in for 25 days now on here and love it. Don't usually come on here, but love the app. I check everything before I eat it. I've never had anything help me the way the mfp app does. It came on slowly so not too worried about it coming off slowly, although it does get discouraging sometimes. Bought a treadmill and after the 1st week the incline motor seized up...finally it got fixed today. So up and at em at 5 a.m. for me tomorrow walking. :D Good luck!
  • theppg01
    Options
    Hi there, I have PCOS and it makes losing weight so hard. I have found in past closely watching my sugar intake helps. We burn sugar differently. Such a pain. lololol Started my serious diet today...long day. Longest day ever...! Have to get serious. Getting into mid 40's being 30 pds overweight is no good. I have found with my pcos that taking a herbal thyroid booster helps so much! Everyone have a great day and hang in there!!!!!!:happy:
  • mzdiana87
    mzdiana87 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies i also have pcos and have embarked on this journey of losing weight and TTC. Please follow my journey with my videos on youtube . Here is the link http://youtu.be/8Cxc23WsKck
  • Boombeana
    Boombeana Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    HI Ladies, I was disgnosed with PCOS in 2003. I am still getting to know myself and PCOS. HELP! lol I feel all alone in this. Thanks. Please feel free to add me!
  • Just_do_it_xo
    Just_do_it_xo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I too have PCOS. Its been a fight with weight but Im closer than I was yesterday!!

add me loves! :)
  • monteymole
    Options
    Hi I've had Pcos for a long time been a struggle it's now time to take back my life I would love to conquer it once and for all together we can all support each other please feel free to add x :)
  • Tamicejl
    Tamicejl Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS and have been fighting this weight loss battle for over 5 years. I have alot of weight to lose to go through fertility treatment. I need some help and support. I have been through 2 treatments already with no success.... so my husband and I are on a mission ( but I need a little more of a push). Please add me as a friend also.
  • OutsideCreativ
    OutsideCreativ Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am here ...diagnosed with "mild pcos" and told that weight loss can control it. I am TTC a well. I could stand to lose 40 lbs.

I'm in this boat... though not TCC... yet. Need to find some other vital parts of that equation first lol. But I'm trying to lose the weight to keep it in check so that in 2-5 years, when I am ready... all will go smoothly. :)
  • KellyLouise35
    Options
    What type of low sugar foods at your eating as I have been informed to eat low sugar, and low carb? Not sure if it leaves me with anything else to eat.
  • MyRoad2Health
    MyRoad2Health Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    After two years of not being able to conceive I went to the doctors and they are leaning towards PCOS. I have to go back in for an exam to find out if that is what I have. My cousin has PCOS and worked really hard to loose weight and without trying conceived her second little girl. I have decided I am taking control over my health and my weight. I hope to find other friends on here with similar struggles so we can keep each other strong.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Ladies:

I saw a very interesting show called "The Food Hospital" and one of the patients they helped had a severe case of PCOS. To alleviate some of the symptoms of her PCOS, they changed her diet entirely. She went through 12 weeks on this diet, then came back and had her levels checked again. She had some remarkable results.

Please check on line to see if you can find The Food Hospital tv show, and see what the folks there have to say. I don't have it, but I sure was impressed by how the doctors and dietician treated it!
  • Nerdgirl75
    Nerdgirl75 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have had PCOS for about 18 years now. *sigh* I've struggled with weight my whole life. I am DETERMINED to lose the weight this time around. I have a very loving and supportive husband, which makes it a little easier. Would love to find someone to talk to about the heartbreak that is PCOS. I gave up on having children within the last 2 years - and it's been ok. Is anyone from Texas?
  • lorajeffjenkins
    Options
    I also have PCOS and am trying to shed weight to better my health. Nice to meet other ladies going through the same thing.
  • LizCO2DC
    LizCO2DC Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and hypothyroid (hashimotos) so losing weight is such a challenge! I'm finally down 19 lbs, but it's taken a year to get there. I'm just happy to be moving in the right direction.

Feel free to add me as well! I would love the additional support!
  • yeah_im_that_girl_
    Options
    I am also cursed with PCOS. It is hard but im willing to fight! I have had it since I was 12 so about 4 years.