Hi from South Africa

Options
My name is Mma-tshepo and I am turning 27 in December. I am so glad that I discovered this site and am quite excited to get some help with losing weight. I decided to resume my studies last year and arrived at varsity weighing aproximately 60 kilos, I now weight 76.6 kilos. A lot of this weight gain can be attributed to the food that we are fed in the dining hall (which includes potatoes, potatoes and more potatoes) and to all the late nights of studying and eating. I really miss the weight that I was last year and can't wait to fit into all the clothes that are in my cupboard. Its quite strange because I used to be able to lose weight quite easily and quickly but now....My goal is to have lost a significant amount of weight by my birthday which is on the 25th of December (I even have an outfit that I want to wear). So ja, this is me and looking forward to getting in shape....:smooched:

Replies

• g06m1281
    Options
    My name is Mma-tshepo and I am turning 27 in December. I am so glad that I discovered this site and am quite excited to get some help with losing weight. I decided to resume my studies last year and arrived at varsity weighing aproximately 60 kilos, I now weight 76.6 kilos. A lot of this weight gain can be attributed to the food that we are fed in the dining hall (which includes potatoes, potatoes and more potatoes) and to all the late nights of studying and eating. I really miss the weight that I was last year and can't wait to fit into all the clothes that are in my cupboard. Its quite strange because I used to be able to lose weight quite easily and quickly but now....My goal is to have lost a significant amount of weight by my birthday which is on the 25th of December (I even have an outfit that I want to wear). So ja, this is me and looking forward to getting in shape....:smooched:
  • BUNNYB
    BUNNYB Posts: 91
    Options
    hey welcome :happy: \make it a great outfit!!!
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Hello from Kansas City..
    Welcome aboard!
    We are happy that you joined us!
    :flowerforyou:
    --Diann...
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Mwaiseni!
    I lived in Zambia for 3 years and have friends in SA.
    You will like this site!
    :bigsmile:
  • Aline
    Aline Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi, my name is Aline I'm from Sudbury, Ontario Im 29 years young 5ft 3 inches tall. I have tow children, a girl 6 yrs of age and a almost 11 month old son. Thinking back about 6 yrs ago I was weighing at my lowest of 218 pounds, lots can happen in 6 yrs and I know its not easy to lose the weight. My goal this month is to lose 10 pounds. I hope I can stick to it. I wish you luck and hope that you do get to your goal wieght.

Aline
  • kathh
    kathh Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey there , I am also from SA Cape Town to be exact. Good luck with your weight lose. I have been on the site for a week and it is really working well. Its a great site.
    I joined a bit late cause I wanted to lose a few kilo's by my birthday but I turn 30 on Friday so I will have to set a new goal . Although I did lose 2 kgs in my first week so thats a good start .

Anyway
    Good luck
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to mfp from Karen in Vermont USA . My daughter has the same problem, went to college and gained weight from studying and not moving enough. Good luck to you. Will look for you on the site.:smile:
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Oh, to be 27 again!
    Good luck to you. You'll do great. Just log everything. It'll make you more conscious of what you eat!

Angela :flowerforyou:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome........:flowerforyou:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
    It is very exciting to see so many people from different places. We are glad you are here. Best of luck with your Birthday goal.

Eve:flowerforyou: