Advice Please

Options
So I posted this on my wall for my MFP Friends to also comment but also putting it out on here for a broader range of opnions
ok so I work out roughly 15 times a week MFP only allows for 7 ( this includes sport as well as my gym)... my calories are set at 1560 per day I only eat around 1200 calories in food the rest is made up of my supplements.. I'm normally in deficet of a day ...I am usually hungry as but just drink water inbetween my snacks and meals... now I have cut out all cereals, yoghurts, margarine and butter, plus crackers and rice crackers and oat bars etc and only 2 pieces of fruit a day now in abid to cut back on hidden sugars.. have introduced fish to my diet as along with my usual chicken and beef.. do I increase my calories or leave them where they are (I'm wanitng to lose 1.5 per week) but try and change what I'm eating.. Need help here lol I dont wanna cut back on my exercise some of you may think it's way too much and extreme but it's just normal for me.. ideas ..

I have also and at the moment trying Yo Yoing eating higher calories on one day but then cutting back on another and when I cut back I'm only eating around 900 -960 calories in food and the other 300 in supplements... so I'm freaking hungry all the time

Replies

• letsgethealthy
    letsgethealthy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You need to eat the minimum calories a day for your body, otherwise you risk damage. You are hungry because you aren't getting enough nutrients. Only 2 fruits a day really isn't enough. Natural sugar isn't bad like processed is. Your body has to have sugar as that is what gives you energy and your body will find a way to create it, just stick with natural. I'd say increase your fruit and veggies. Grains aren't bad for you either, just choose whole grain (not multi or enriched), yogurt is good for you too, try Greek, as are other dairy products. Remember the food pyramid we were taught as kids, it's important to follow it.
  • Danied13
    Danied13 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You need to eat the minimum calories a day for your body, otherwise you risk damage. You are hungry because you aren't getting enough nutrients. Only 2 fruits a day really isn't enough. Natural sugar isn't bad like processed is. Your body has to have sugar as that is what gives you energy and your body will find a way to create it, just stick with natural. I'd say increase your fruit and veggies. Grains aren't bad for you either, just choose whole grain (not multi or enriched), yogurt is good for you too, try Greek, as are other dairy products. Remember the food pyramid we were taught as kids, it's important to follow it.

I pretty much disagree with all of this. First, since the introduction of the food pyramid, Americans have only gotten more obese. Most people do not need the huge amount of carbs they consume everyday. Also, natural sugar is still sugar. It's processed in your body the same way. Your body does not NEED sugar...at all. I prefer to get more of my nutrients from vegetables instead of fruit. Few calories...fewer carbs. I have my own opinion about grains, but if you feel they don't cause any trouble for your body, stick to the less processed stuff.

Since you're so active, you may need to increase your calories. Put your information here and see what is suggested. http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/. It sounds like you're eat a low carb diet. If that's true, make sure to increase your fat intake...otherwise you'll be hungry enough to eat your own finger.