When is the best time to weigh your self?

Options
I want to know when is the best time to weigh yourself. First i want to know is it better to weigh yourself once a day in the morning or once a week. When i started MFP i weigh myself once a day and sometimes i would lose 1-2lb a day i think it was mostly water weight though. Then i got addicted and was weighing my self like 3 times a day. As days pass i could see how food and workouts effected my weight loss. For some reason i knew it felt kinda wrong, then someone told me its better to weigh your self once a week. So i am doing it right now and will weigh my self every Saturday, So to tell you the truth it feels boring waiting for one whole week. I don't know which one is better for me, so i made this post deciding to go with what the majority of MFP say is good or better.

Replies

• blairhand
    blairhand Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh Monday thru Friday out of obsession and bc it is what makes me happy. Do what makes you happy but know that you should weigh in the morning before food or liquid and after you empty your bladder. Thats what my MD told me anyway.
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    first thing when you get up after you have visited the bathroom :)

I used to weigh myself every few days..but my body weight fluctuates due to water retention etc. so i found it best to weigh myself once a week on the same day at the same time..
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Some people weigh every day, and log once a week. Says it keeps them honest. For a whole year, I weighed every day and logged anytime there was a weight loss...and every Saturday I would log any difference in weight--so if I weighed 150, 149, 147 for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, logged those losses and then Saturday weighed 148, I would add that pound.

It kept me more honest...and then there was the time that I had to add 15 pounds, because the scale broke and I didn't know it...

Happy logging!
  • violetcrumble84
    Options
    Once a week, first thing in the morning.
  • RaluKitty
    RaluKitty Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    2-3 times/week, when I feel like it. It's nice to see that after 7-8 days I'm at a minus even if it appeared I gained 0.5-1 lb on day 3 or 5.
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, naked. I weigh everyday and record any loses or gains. It's an obsession, but it works for me.:ohwell:
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Get up. Pee. Poop. Weigh. Shower. Dress. LOL.

Oh, and once a week for me. (Fridays!)
  • mbarmuta
    mbarmuta Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day but I only log my weight once a week on a Sunday morning because Sunday is my cheat day. Ideally you should only weigh yourself once a week but I can't help it lol. Obviously wake up go wee then weigh (naked if possible).

Good luck
  • islebutterfly09
    islebutterfly09 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, because it helps to keep me accountable. It is EXTREMELY easy for me to lose motivation to eat healthy and "cheat" on my meal plan, so the instant accountability is a huge deal. I know that weight can fluctuate a little day to day, but as long as I am seeing a pretty consistent downward trend, I know I am on the right track. It is also helpful to see how different foods and exercise affect my weight. Like I know that if I eat shellfish, my weight will be higher the next day, just because of how the body digests it. And I know that if I see too much of a drop from one day to the next, it is a sign of dehydration. You start to learn your body over time, and this is just one way I have began to learn mine.
  • lorelieschaefer
    Options
    Weight first thing in morning like most people said after you do your business and before you eat or drink anything. As for how many times that depends on you, but you have to remember that your weight changes everyday and it is not always in the negative. Depending on what time of the month it is and many other factors your weight might fluctuate during the week. I find I am always up in the beginning of the week and down at the end and well as I will be way down during a certain time of my cycle and way up for at least a couple weeks of my cycle. If your going to weigh more than once a week just keep that in mind and know your body so it doesn't get you down if you are up.