I need healthy breakfast ideas

Options
13»

Replies

• Jill2shay
    Options
    Ok, so I'm gonna get some yogurts and fruit with some whey protien powder and make a smoothy.

I just don't feel good eating anything protein based in the mornings. And eggs make me wanna barf.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal

These are some recipes for overnight oatmeal. Once you get the general idea of it though you can add whatever mix-ins you like. I also love, love, love Fage Greek Yogurt. The 0% is great but, the 2% is outstanding. Fresh fruit on top a drizzle of honey and Pumpkin Flax Granola. Yum!
  • drelan
    drelan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Special K Protein Plus isn't too bad on the calories with almond milk and 1/4 cup blueberries. It's really filling. Also plain greek yogurt with ground flax seeds or find the recipe for Biggest Loser oatmeal pancakes are good too.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Kashi brand cereals.

They are super good - sorta like awesome granola - but the healthy kind. One serving is super filling for me and one serving has as much protein as an egg, so it will keep you full for a while.

Actually - anything Kashi is good.
  • MidWestMissy
    MidWestMissy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have 1200 a day as well. Almost every morning I have 1 Cup of Special K Red Berries Cereal w/ 1/2 cup milk. :) I some times will add fresh fruit. Banana's, blackberries. strawberries, etc.
  • Jill2shay
    Options
    One cup? That would leave me so hungry!
  • Carrie_124
    Options
    2 weetabix with 200ml skimmed milk is about 200 cals. I never feel like anything sweet first thing but you could add some fruit if you wanted to make it a little less dull.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I take a packet of lower sugar maple and brown sugar quaker oats, a packet of the regular stuff, chop up 2 strawberries and 1/2 a banana, mix it all up, and I eat a side of 3 jimmy dean turkey breakfast links...it fills me up...yummy
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    how about a green smoothie?
  • gn716
    Options
    yogurt and frozen fruit...yummy!
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I have a 1/4 cup of dry oats, 1/2 cup water, with 2oz of fresh fruit. cook in the microwave for 3 minutes. One piece of toast with 1/2 tablespoon of PB2 on it, and that is breakfast! NO sugar is needed because of the fruit :) it runs around 179 calories, depending on what fruit you use