Gluten Free, please share your recipes!!

Options
So here's the scoop. I live with 9 other family members and every last one of them can eat gluten. except for me. and its hard. I would love it if anyone who knows how to bake/cook gluten free, or lives gluten free could give some tips and recipes for making it a little easier to eat with the rest of the family. Its especiall hard when the biscuits come out of the oven!!! i would appreciate it so much!!! Thanks!

Replies

• sineadramsay
    Options
    can you not ask them to make gluten free ciscuits and cakes instead?
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Have you tried using gluten free Bisquick? It's actually very good and have several recipes on the side of the box. I've been eating gluten free for about six months and do miss certain foods. I went to Jason's Deli today and found out they have sandwiches options made with gluten free bread. Love that!
  • nothingwithoutHim
    nothingwithoutHim Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I think King Arthur flour has some gluten free recipes on their site www.bakerscatalogue.com. They also sell quite a lot of gluten free, all natural mixes and flours as well.

I also know of a healthy living blog that has tons of gluten free recipes www.edibleperspective.com

I'm not gluten free, but I hope this helps! :)
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    do a search in the recipes section for Yummy gluten free dairy free pancakes. I posted a recipe for them before and that should bring it up. I have already learned how to make a good GF DF turkey gravy too. It can be done. My family who are not GF DF liked the pancakes, just FYI.
  • GraceEsther
    GraceEsther Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    can you not ask them to make gluten free ciscuits and cakes instead?

No, I can't really. We used to make stuff gluten free, but my dad likes the normal food, and since I'm the minority, he won! I will occasionally make just one but I work so much that when I get home I'm to exhausted to make anything!
  • GraceEsther
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!!! I really really appreciate it!!
  • LilEmm
    LilEmm Posts: 240
    Options
    Hi Grace,
    Gluten Free Specialty Market sells its products online! Even if you don't buy, they showcase a ton of products that are gluten free - snacks, breads, etc. http://www.gfspecialty.com/

The 17 day diet, if you're interested, is gluten free the first two & 1/2 weeks and introduces grains after that. :)
  • MommyImHungry
    Options
    Hi Grace,

I have been gluten free for 11 months now (celiac symptoms) and have adapted many of my fave recipes to be GF. I like to make most of our food at home, from scratch. Some of them I have blogged on my food blog Mommy? I'm Hungry! to share with others. Feel free to look through them, they are pretty easy to follow along. :)
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Coconut flour, almond flour, coconut oil, tapioca flour. Bake like a mad woman!

Also this: http://www.glutenfreepalace.com
  • dxwatson2
    dxwatson2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    We used to make stuff gluten free, but my dad likes the normal food, and since I'm the minority, he won!

Are you looking for gluten free recipes because of intolerance? If so, does your dad understand the physical distress being caused because of this?

Try this:
    http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    There are several gluten-free recipe websites that have helped me. Google gluten-free and lots of stuff pops up. Sadly, I have yet to find a really good substitute for a lovely french bread. Good luck.
  • MdWilliams08
    MdWilliams08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been eating GF for about 15 years now. I have recipes for nearly everything. I gauge these by feeding them to my gluten eating friends and family. I don't consider it a "win" till they can't tell it is GF.

Listing recipes on here would take eons, but if you have anything in particular that you are looking for/craving, message me, I can give you recipes or good brands for almost anything (except maybe croissants).

Oh, and the GF version of Bisquik waffles with a round Belgian waffle iron is really easy, and most people I make them for prefer them over the gluten variety :)
  • GraceEsther
    Options
    Thank you all so so much! THese have been really helpful! And yes, I am gluten intolerant, so its not just a diet for me. Its now my lifestyle. THANK YOU!!!!!!
  • DMBrenneman
    Options
    Sorry I can't share my gluten free recipes because I get them from books I have purchased and therefore it would be copyright infringement if I put on this site. There are alot of good books. The Everything Coconut Diet Cookbook is good and cooking with coconut oil (considered a good fat) and flour is very healthy and lighter. Donna Washburn/Heather Butt have a couple of books - with lots of "biscuit" recipes. My friend that is a great gluten free cook says the best way to do bread is in the bread maker. The cookbook You won't believe its gluten free gives several variations of the same recipe using either rice base, potato base, corn base or oat base - muffins, cakes, cookies, and bread. Sorghum flour I hear is easier to work with for bread and cake I hear as well. Hope these help a little. Teff flour tortillas are great for wraps (better than rice wraps in my opinion). I keep frozen as I'm usually the only one eating them so I heat in the toaster oven to soften and warm up. It folds very nicely when warm and I think they taste heartier than wheat wraps!! Good luck and it really is not that bad once you get used to the alternatives. There is sooo much more than there was 10 years ago :)
  • GraceEsther
    Options
    Sorry I can't share my gluten free recipes because I get them from books I have purchased and therefore it would be copyright infringement if I put on this site. There are alot of good books. The Everything Coconut Diet Cookbook is good and cooking with coconut oil (considered a good fat) and flour is very healthy and lighter. Donna Washburn/Heather Butt have a couple of books - with lots of "biscuit" recipes. My friend that is a great gluten free cook says the best way to do bread is in the bread maker. The cookbook You won't believe its gluten free gives several variations of the same recipe using either rice base, potato base, corn base or oat base - muffins, cakes, cookies, and bread. Sorghum flour I hear is easier to work with for bread and cake I hear as well. Hope these help a little. Teff flour tortillas are great for wraps (better than rice wraps in my opinion). I keep frozen as I'm usually the only one eating them so I heat in the toaster oven to soften and warm up. It folds very nicely when warm and I think they taste heartier than wheat wraps!! Good luck and it really is not that bad once you get used to the alternatives. There is sooo much more than there was 10 years ago :)

I shall have to look these up! The coconut diet sounds really yummy! Thank you so much!