Friends anyone? At 50 pounds in, I'm just getting started

Options
I'm a 24 year old guy, now weighing 420 pounds. Two years ago when I left college I weighed 470, so I've been doing well enough so far. I always avoided the conventional wisdom of food logs and social support, so I figured I might as well give that a try and join MFP. 50 pounds in and I still need to lose more than most people's entire "before" weight. This leaves me with a long ways to go, so I might be around this site for a couple years to come if all goes well. Feel free to add me if you'd like to chat.

Replies

• BamaGirl777
    Options
    You can do it!! Feel free to add me.
  • ismiseciara
    ismiseciara Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I just joined myself , lets hope we can achieve our goals :)
  • Musicgoddess25
    Options
    Hi Z, I have over 100 lbs to lose, so I'll be here awhile myself. This is the first time I've tried this type of support. I think I'll be good. Gotta get to bed, 5:30 comes early. I look forward to talking with you.

Musicgoddess25
  • embracingchange35
    Options
    Feel free to add me...Im just getting started again too!
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm a 24 year old guy, now weighing 420 pounds. Two years ago when I left college I weighed 470, so I've been doing well enough so far. I always avoided the conventional wisdom of food logs and social support, so I figured I might as well give that a try and join MFP. 50 pounds in and I still need to lose more than most people's entire "before" weight. This leaves me with a long ways to go, so I might be around this site for a couple years to come if all goes well. Feel free to add me if you'd like to chat.

Add me: 3 years ago i weighed 400 lbs, my restarting weight was 366 lbs just over a month ago and so far i am down 22lbs. I would love to encourage either other and be support to you on your journey. P.s You are doing awesome:) very proud of you!!!
  • OhLibra
    OhLibra Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me. I'm on daily and have about 75 lbs to lose myself! You can do it.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    You can add me...I'm 59lbs down and still have 30ish to go...I've found that once you get in the habit, its all downhill! MFP helps with the life changes not just a "diet" you can't stick to!

I'm on here ALL the time and try to be as supportive as possible! Feel free to ask for any help or whatnot...

Same goes for everyone!
  • Droope2
    Options
    Way to go!! You can do it, I'll send a request now :)
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me up!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want, you got a long road ahead brother, time and consistency and you will get it!

Great job thus far on the 50 lbs.
  • buckeyes502
    buckeyes502 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started at 455 myself. Just over 6 months here and have lost a bunch. This site really does work.
  • JuliexAnne
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am always looking for ideas from other people's diaries, support, inspiration. It really is what keeps me going!
  • Pricanma13
    Pricanma13 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, i always need friends and motivation and accountablity.
  • huyttran
    huyttran Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 24 years old too and my goal is to lose 100lbs.
  • dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    hey man, feel free to add me if you're looking for some support on MFP. I know it seems like a long way to go, but you have to look at this as journey. the weight didn't go on overnight, and it won't come off that quickly either. it requires a lot of hard word and dedication and MFP friends can help you. it's the best support mechanism, nad you need accountability. without it, you're already behind the eight-ball. feel free to add me.
  • leetha24
    leetha24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Would love some more friends so PLEASE anyone add me. I'm on daily and have a ways to go still so I look forward to seeing you guys often and losing weight together. :)
  • desilu69
    Options
    First off, Congrats on 50 pounds lost.. You have come to the right place for support. I have been on MFP for a while now and have found it to be the best program out here as far as for support and motivation. I love the accountability of tracking everything and being able to see other friends diarys for ideas. I even have one friend we have a little friendly competition going to see who can burn the most calories for the day. It is all for motivation and it is what keeps me going. So anyway, gonna send you a friend request and again congrats on your huge accomplishments so far. :smile:
  • jenshoeee
    jenshoeee Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good job on the first 50! I bet it feels so good to see results. I myself just started and have a lot to loose,

This is also the first time I have tried a site like MFP. It seems awesome.

I look forward to making friends (including you) and helping each other change our lifes.
  • Hitem20
    Hitem20 Posts: 121
    Options
    Glad to see some other guys on here. I was approaching 400 myself and I am hoping to get down into the 250s. Going to be a long journey but well worth it I am sure.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I am in it for long haul as well. I still have half my excess weight to lose (at least). I am active daily so anyone can feel free to add me!