Just blew it!!

Options
so I do extremely well all day long on my eating, but when it comes to later at night, I blow it! Tonight I ended up eating the worst thing I could have chosen...potato chips! Bad, bad, bad. And ot even hungry! What do you all do when you start sabotaging your program?

Replies

• Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    1. make allowance for it by eating less during the day and/or

2. Get the crap out of your house so you are not tempted by it.
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    recognize that you just blew it..and start over tomorrow..... what else can you do.....

it's not the end of the world.... you just put a delay in your success...you didn't destroy all chances....
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Get the crap out of your house so you are not tempted by it.

This is what I do. I don't buy it because if it is there I am definitely going to eat it.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I succeed, and I hop on my elliptical for 15-20 min to burn it off.

Sometimes, I fail miserably, and wash it down with chocolate milk.

Always, I keep trying until I get this right!
  • pooleekylie
    Options
    I'm notorious for throwing junk away. I'll literally bake a cake, eat the leftover cake batter, then throw the cake away because it's too tempting. Poor starving kids in Africa...
  • mom2sons02
    mom2sons02 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I ate five Oreos yesterday. Double stuff even. Just log it and start over tomorrow. I chalked mine up to grief. (My uncle died a week ago), but that was just an excuse. I did better today and even said no to brownies at dessert:)
  • TeaberryDawn
    TeaberryDawn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I agree; don't bring it into the house or your environment. My motto is everything in moderation; however, there are some things that are just too tempting for moderation. Don't beat yourself up and begin making better choices at your next meal. I have to take this one meal at a time, and I can wrap my head around that. You can do this! :-)
  • angusmike
    Options
    #1 -- dump the chips in the trash, keep junk food out of the house;

#2 -- stuff happens, everyone (me included) goes off the healthy food wagon;

#3 -- tomorrow is another day, add some time to your workout to burn the evil food cooties out of your system.

FOR GOSH SAKES DON'T QUIT!! This is a minor glitch. :bigsmile:
  • Squints80
    Options
    recognize that you just blew it..and start over tomorrow..... what else can you do.....

it's not the end of the world.... you just put a delay in your success...you didn't destroy all chances....

Agreed. Start over tomorrow. Learn from your setbacks and carry on!! Just try to cut the junk out
    It's never easy just like everything else in life... Be strong and overcome!!
    Don't starve yourself the next day because you went over. Doing this will do more harm than good

If it makes you feel better I went 1500 over one day a couple of weeks ago, and I'm still losing weight!
    You can do it!!