Over 50 - Need support to lose 30 pounds

Options
I would welcome any support to help me lose 30 pounds. My biggest obstacle is evening snacking.

Replies

• skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :smile:
  • grammiemaggs
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ... the evenings are tough for me too. I've sent a friend request so we can try and kick this habit together :flowerforyou:
  • farmerinthedell
    Options
    hi, i need help too! yep over 50 and 60. 20 lbs be gone! what's it going to take! I am so inconsistant. emotional.
  • Angel195
    Angel195 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 59 years young with 40 pounds to lose and don't want to take these unwanted pounds into my next decade! Let's definitely support each other in this journey. :)
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm 59 and lost 35-40 lbs and am on maintenance. I'm happy to help if I can.
  • Archerfish
    Archerfish Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I think everyone understands this. What do you usually snack on? Maybe you could choose an alternative.
  • VeronicaSGarcia
    Options
    hi, im 55 and am working of losing at least 30 pounds by the end of oct. for my nitetime thing i have started drinking flavored water and maybe three of those fig newton flat cookies, i hated water till i started the flavored stuff . now i can stay pretty full drinking my water and eating those cookies. im also doing the Body by Vi shakes twice a day so that sort of keeps me full.
    i wish us all sucess in this journey :smile:
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I am 51 and have lost 40 pounds in 8 weeks. Long way to go, but let me know if I can help.
  • pmficu_Pam
    Options
    Hi there over 50!! I am also over 50 and I've lost 40 lbs and have been maintaining...oh I don't know...a couple months I guess. This site made it so much fun...so easy...and everyone is sooooo supportive. Would be happy to be your Battle Buddie...I'm sure you'd LOVE LOVE LOVE our Sassy little group!!
  • lindabent
    Options
    I'm way over 50 and trying to lose 20 lbs. 1200 calories may sound like alot at the beginning of the day, but not enough at the end of the day. Evening grazing has always been a problem for me. I've been trying to save the majority of my calories for the evening.
  • lorrylush
    Options
    Hi, I am rapidly approaching 59 and want to loose those pounds too for the last time. My problem is snacking during the day. I am trying to cut out the crisps and have replaced them with nuts. Cutting back on the wine too. Good luck to everyone.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I am 51 now and lost 27 lbs a little over a year ago and have maintained it since. I've actually just decided to try and lose another 5-10 as I'm still near the upper end of most healthy weight/BMI/BF charts.

I always had a problem with evening snacking. So, now we eat dinner late. Usually around 9 (ish), which doesn't leave time for snacking after. And I don't wake up starving.

I find it easier to work with or around my cravings than to fight them.
  • christslady7
    Options
    Ah, I hear you! I do good all day long and then I get cravings at night. It's terrible! However, I have found that if I stay away from sugar it also keeps a lot of the cravings away. Hope this helps at least a little.
  • syndywindy
    Options
    I'm a young 57 year old who after beating cancer decided it was time to get my body back. Since June 1st I've lost 35 lbs. a friend introduced me to MFP a few weeks after I started and it is a great tool for managing not only your food and calorie intake, but meeting people with similar interests and weight issues.
    I am watching my carbs and sugar intake and have found it very easy to stay with it as well as being able to snack on various things during the day. I find I don't crave sweets any longer and I don't really have the urges to graze. I don't eat anything after 7 pm. I also do a lot of cardio work and for the most part the scale is always moving downward.
    You can do this! There are lots of people here to help you and support you. Feel free to friend me and we can support each other! One can never he e too many friends.
  • KFagen1
    Options
    Maybe this is helpful but when I have cravings I keep a jar of pickles around that they make hot, mt. olive brand is good usually can be found at wal-mart and some grociery store just a bite or two will make your taste buds rethink your cravings. Believe it or not it works if you can handle it. Good luck :)