Working out angry?

Options
To start out with, I'm 21, 5'7", 187 lbs. female, and I'm aiming for 135 lbs. (dunno, based on my body type if that's a proper weight for me, but I figure I don't want to weigh any less than that so it seemed like a good number).

I've got a good routine going of waking up at seven in the morning to get my workout going by around 7:30 or 8, depending on what I have to do or what I end up making for breakfast.

I'm eating pretty clean, and because of that have a hard time getting up to my calorie budget of 1220 after exercising, which usually consists of 20 mins of C25K/Zombies, Run! and then some kind of strength training (arms, abs, lower body, pilates, or yoga or some combination of those).

Things are getting a little tense in my home, though. I've usually got those mornings to myself for some nice, peaceful, me time, but the afternoons always end up with someone getting onto me for something, or telling me what I WILL be doing the next day, and generally turning their issues into my problems. The only place I have to go during these times is out of the house or locked in my room.

I was wondering if maybe it would be alright for me to use these times for exercise as well. With how hard it's been to reach my calorie budget I've been a little weary of taking my aggravations out on the road or lifting some more poor, defenseless weights (although I prefer pounding the road). It's also usually, much later at night and so I don't know if I'd be able to eat those calories back before bed.

It also concerns me because I just started working nights at a Halloween event where I move a lot and am generally pretty active (not enough that'd I'd really call it cardio, but enough that I worry if I'm getting enough to eat).

Any advice or tips? Sorry this turned into a bit of a rant/poor me story. I JUST got done with one of these encounters where I did something wrong and am trying not to run out the door because I'm still well below my calorie budget today. :(

Replies

• heroldkelly
    heroldkelly Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When I used to get upset, walking was the best way for me to cool off. You can get away from people for a little bit and by the time you get back your much more mellow. Just be careful that it doesn't become your only coping mechanism or the day will come when you can't use it. In short, like everything else, moderation is the key. But take the time to improve yourself if you like!

Good luck!
    Kelly
  • jacqui1612
    jacqui1612 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Maybe try adding some calorie rich foods into your diet. They can still be healthy. Like nuts. They are full of good fats. Also may try for the full calorie versions of things: full cream milk and cheese. These are also good fats.
    Maybe start with upping your calories a little and do a walk if you need to be out of the house (i.e. not burning too many calories) and see how that goes for a little.
    Hope that helps and good luck :)
  • sarablueskies
    sarablueskies Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i know that kickboxing really helps me when i'm feeling anxious or angry, beating the crap out of the bags really seems to get it out! not everyday, though. another thought would be yoga. i do yoga twice a week and it grounds me, i can feel myself getting anxious if i don't go to my classes. it calms your body and mind and let's you look at things with a clear head.
  • StandardFiend
    StandardFiend Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Those are all really good tips and I'm feeling a little bit better now.:) I have more options than I thought and I guess I can always just pick a type of activity to do based on how well I was able to stick to my calorie budget.

I'm so used to coping with food, but since I've been able to kick that habit I was a little lost! 0.0