70 lbs down, ?? to go

Options
tonyaweight.jpg

Not sure where I'm headed from here. I'm hoping to lose another 45 lbs and my original goal was 150 (I'm 5'6") even though I know technically I SHOULD be even lower than that. (I started at 265+, a size US 24, and don't know how far beyond that I may have been.) But I'm starting to not care about the number as much as how awesome I feel. And feel more each week. Seriously thinking about chucking the scale and just LIVING the way I've developed for ME, which has equaled a 70 lb loss in just over a year. Not fast by some standards here, but sustainable, livable, enjoyable. Starting to care more about how much more I can lift each week and how far down I can squat without any aches and pains than what some number on the damn scale says.

The photo shows from 265+ to about 200/195. Believe me, if I can do it anyone can. And continue to do it!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    I saw your picture in the picture thread, and thought, "Wow, she looks good, she doesn't really need to lose much more, certainly not 45 pounds."

Your plan sounds like a good one. I find it hard to believe you are 195 and 5'6". You look great, congrats.
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    What an awesome job you've done. Congratulations, and you look fabulous!
    120111 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great job...keep up the great work your doing! :smile:
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Everyone carries weight differently- maybe that's a great 'after' pic of you, but you look like a good, healthy weight. even if you have some hidden fat that we don't see, I don't think it's 45lbs worth, but its up to you.
    amazing transformation. You look 20 years younger now and very pretty!
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Fantastic transformation. You are so beautiful. Congratulations.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Well, it IS a good pic of me, but I have always been told I "must carry my weight well" because no one thinks I weigh what I do. Sadly, I do (and did!) But like I said, starting to not care so much about a "number" that seems elusive and stress-causing. We really all just want to feel great, right? I think I want a ticker that goes from "feels like crap, life is hard" to "feels AWESOME, life is fantastic" LOL Maybe my new goal isn't "lose weight" but "gain good feeling."

I distinctly remember being on a school field trip my freshman year of high school and one of the girls asking what I weighed. I answered "130", probably 5'5" then, and she screamed/gasped ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY?? OH MY GOD, that's so heavy!" I remember being SO EMBARRASSED. That stupid, almost arbitrary number carries so much weight (literally!) and power.

I'm declaring FEEL GOOD first and the rest will come. Right? I sure hope so!
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm declaring FEEL GOOD first and the rest will come. Right? I sure hope so!

Yes, absolutely! Especially because you have a handle on what "the rest" entails-continuing to find new fitness goals, especially. So many times in my yoyo dieting days, I would get to, say, a size 12 and the celebration of feeling good would involve slacking.

You do look amazing in your new pic. You should feel so much pride in your accomplishments!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!