Hiya! New here

Options
Hello!! I am a 28 year old mom of 2 little ones (4 and 1). Hoping to find support/ideas/pretty much anything that will help from here. My husband is in the army and we're stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC. He's training for Special Forces and it almost makes me sick to see all the stuff he can do and I can't compete one bit-so I'm going to try to work harder, lose weight..and maybe beat him at a run eventually :)
Hi everyone!!

Replies

• casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi !:happy:

64543.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Good Luck and hope that you can some day do it.
  • ashlee2407
    ashlee2407 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi! and thanks!! :)
  • PrincessicaJessica
    Options
    awwww ash...i love you :)
  • imma_rosta
    imma_rosta Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good luck, hun! My brother's are in the military and they always try to get me to compete with them. Needless to say I lose but I swear I will win ONE challenge!
  • Dawn_2013
    Dawn_2013 Posts: 170
    Options
    Hi! I am new too. My 'little ones' are all grown up, but I still need the support :) My sister introduced me to this site. It is fantastic!! I look forward to encouraging each other to reach our own goals :)
  • KrissyD70
    KrissyD70 Posts: 92
    Options
    Even if you can't beat your husband, you will surely be able to compete. You can do it! We have about the same amount of weight to lose. Friend request me if you would like.
  • tealeaf
    tealeaf Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm new here too; joined a little less than 3 weeks ago. I am a 58 yr old female, mother and grandmother. I am somewhat active, i.e., I run and do a lot of DVD workouts at home with a mix of weights, stability ball, yoga, etc., whatever I'm in the mood for and depending on time available - sometimes I can go home from work at lunch and do a 20 or 30 minute workout. My problem has always been the food and I've always been adamant I'd never keep a food log. Well, these last two weeks have really been an eye opener! I can't believe how those calories add up. I've jumped around reading some of your forums and ya'll are very supportive. I am really enjoying this site.
  • slimline1
    slimline1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've just joined today and I am on the Slimfast Plan, shakes for breakfast, cereal bar for lunch, wholesome low fat dinner and three snacks per day. I've been on the plan for 28 days and only lost 6lbs, so disappointed not to have lost more. I am slimming for health as well as weight loss, my cholesterol is high, I have Hiatus Hernia and need to lose at least 2 stone, preferably before my two week holiday in October, LOL!
    Being a senior makes it difficult to lose, according to popular belief. The last time I was predisposed to lose weight was 30 odd years ago, after the weight I had gained when pregnant. I lost 3 stone in 6 months on low calorie diet. I took me over 20 years to start gaining again but want to go down instead of up. I have already lost 2 stone on a high protein diet and going to Curves four times a week but now I have no transport have given this up and gradually put on 10lb again, I now rely on walking and dancing as exercise.
    Any support and advice how I can rev up my weight loss will be gratefully received.
    Carol