Grapes

Options
i love eating grapes but im not sure exactly how many i eat so i want to log it correctly i dont have a measuring cup i could use so about how many grapes are in a cup somewhere i saw 15 others 30 if any one has measured and know about how many id love to know so i dont over or under estimate my calories

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    You don't have any measuring cups at all? Do you cook? *mindblown* :tongue:

If you have no way to measure or weigh them out before eating them, you'll have to rely on the SWAG method (scientific wild *kitten* guessing - we used this formula for writing orders at work all the time :laugh:) - basically find an entry in the database that best suits your intake and go with that. Count out the grapes - I know there's at least one entry in there for 10 grapes, I use it all the time. Of course it's still an estimate because grapes come in all sizes, but since it's grapes and not candy bars you're guessing about, shouldn't be too much of an issue.

And holy lack of punctuation, batman! :explode: LOL
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options

And holy lack of punctuation, batman! :explode: LOL

I must agree!

Anyhoo, I think that 12 large grapes or 20 small grapes is a cup.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I believe the food tracker for red seedless grapes actually lists 20 grapes...just use that...it's close enough.
  • DrJanet98
    DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    How about you go to a dollar store and buy yourself a set of measuring cups?
  • EuSaNaD
    Options
    I don't even bother logging fruits and vegetables, since they're naturally healthy!! :wink: Don't be too hard on yourself!! :happy: Oh, and I don't understand why people bother commenting on someone's post if they're just going to be rude and/or condescending!! :angry:
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    How about you go to a dollar store and buy yourself a set of measuring cups?

:laugh:
  • kmk2001
    kmk2001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started a couple weeks ago and I love this app! I love grapes too and I have been counting 10 grapes as 34 calories. Just think about it like this...a piece of TGIF cheesecake is almost 1000 calories...that is a lot of grapes ...about 300 of them lol
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    I Googled a cup. In UK (according to Google), there is no measurement for one cup. In US, one cup is 225 grammes and is a recognised measurement.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Too complicated. Not worth it. Throw the grapes away. They contain sugar anyway. I don't care if it's natural. Sugar is sugar, and that stuff makes people go mad.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    just call a grape 3 calories. easy peasy.
  • loopingcaterpillar
    Options
    weigh them and log them by weight? we don't do cups in britain, i weigh stuff or estimate :P
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    weigh them and log them by weight? we don't do cups in britain, i weigh stuff or estimate :P
    lol! No we just drink out of the saucer!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    There's an option to log the number of grapes, I know it sucks, but just count them, it's easier than measuring if you ask me.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Since I don't have a working kitchen I have to eyeball most things.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/nutrition-labels-10/slideshow-serving-sizes

Grapes I count and use 15 as a serving.