Pole Dancing Exercise

Options
Just wondering if anyone out there does pole dancing as exercise? I am wondering how hard it is. What types of moves did you start out with. I would like to try it but I'm about 100 lbs over weight, any suggestions would be great!

Replies

• mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to. It just looks like a lot of fun.
  • macaronisheep
    Options
    Honestly, its very hard but a lot of fun. It uses a lot of strength, but don't worry if you aren't very strong now because you will build up the strength. Don't worry about being overweight, you will just get stronger faster because pole is training against your own body weight. The quality and content of pol lessons varies a lot depending on where you train, but most places start with simple spins. It is a lot more strength based than aerobic unless you are doing full routines to it. I found I stayed around the same weight when I started but I toned up a lot! I've been doing it for over two years now.
  • cortexx
    Options
    If you wanted to start training for it, do some body weight exercises. You can look them up on Youtube. Chin-ups, push-ups and dips just to name a few.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!