Newbie looking to loose a stone....

Options
Hi i am completely new to this and would love a few friends to help guide me along the way... I am 5ft 7" and currently weight 11 stone.. I am hoping to shed 1 stone in weight between now and christmas...

I have just started this week and have an allowance of 1280 calories per day... I have been food logging and have been reaching my calories per day but realised that my Carb & Fat intake is way down on what is recommended... Can anyone advise or help as to what food i should be eating to get this up???? or does it matter

Replies

• capopend
    Options
    Welcome! I am curious, what is a "stone".
  • osherlock
    Options
    Ok forget this is a european word.. a stone is 14lb's or approx 6.5 Kilos
  • evoke45
    evoke45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Some people aim for the low carb/ low fat diet. It's not really a bad thing at all. If it bugs you, you can change it under food then settings and lower your daily goal of fat/carb intake.(Everyone has a pre-set goal that can easily be modified). Btw, same height and about the same weight with the same goal :) Hope we can be friends and support each other!
  • osherlock
    Options
    Evoke45 thanks for invite have accepted as be great to have someone with the same goal and to be able to help & support each other

I dont really understand how i can get the required fat & carb's requirements into my diet without eating more calories, can you advise???
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Evoke45 thanks for invite have accepted as be great to have someone with the same goal and to be able to help & support each other

Welcome, and you are not alone, there is a new group just starting up, guess UK based at it is "lose a stone by Christmas" which sound just up your street

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8560-a-stone-by-christmas-1lb-per-week
  • evoke45
    evoke45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'd have to see what youve been eating... to make your diary public go to food, then settings and its the last option. Really, going under the fat and carbs is not bad. The numbers they give you are just general recommendations based on your age, height, and weight. Everyone's body has different needs and if youre working out a lot, you may need more protein than they recommend or if youre not getting a lot of cardio (walking, jogging, running) then their carb count may be a bit steep for you. Going under protein or calories too much might mean you have to change your diet, but as long as you are getting some fats and carbs in your diet youre doing okay. Just make sure youre eating balanced and that youre giving your body enough water. Also, if you're really craving something it means your body wants something from that food (say popcorn for example, you could be craving the salt) so dont deny yourself too much. Hope this was helpful for you!
  • osherlock
    Options
    Thanks Evoke i am eating really healthy at the moment with plenty of veg & fruit (berries & Apples) and drinking 8 glasses of water a day... I exercising 4 times a week from cardio to kettlebells and ciruit training... will keep in mind all you advised and thank you... Good luck this wend with the dieting always find the weekends the tough bit....
  • osherlock
    Options
    I signed up to this...

thanks

olga
  • LupaNera
    Options
    Hi welcome! My goal is also somehow similar. But I just want to get better without having a precise goal.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    ooo ps, posting in wrong place :blushing: