dumb moments

we've all had them...so spill. my dumbest moments was on thanksgiving last year i was hanging out with friends and i was playing around with a can of pepper spray...i sprayed it into the air not at anyone and the wind blew it right in my face -_-

Replies

• BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    we've all had them...so spill. my dumbest moments was on thanksgiving last year i was hanging out with friends and i was playing around with a can of pepper spray...i sprayed it into the air not at anyone and the wind blew it right in my face -_-

I get sprayed once a year, mandatory, with the stuff. Part of the perks of the job. That's not to mention if I'm in the vicinity when it actually gets deployed on someone.

I am constantly forgetting where I put my keys. It could be a difference of like, 2 minutes and I've lost them. Or my wallet, or my phone....things that I use alot, but for some reason can't remember where I set them down.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    I'm kind of a clumsy person so I'm always tripping over things, whacking my hands/arms/knees/legs (hard enough to yelp and cause a bruise) on things, dropping stuff, ect. Once I simultaniously tripped and slammed a door on my hand managed to break the middle bone of my left ring finger. Just that bone, the rest of my hand/fingers were fine! I've learned to embrace my clumsiness, lol.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    I once flew to the wrong airport, got into the rental and when the navi told me I was 700 miles from the office - I was sure *it* was wrong. It took me 30 minutes to figure out what I had done. And then a day to get back and fly to the right place.

Atlanta - Chicago? Same difference. :noway:

PS - I did all the booking request and everything...

*beat that*
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    I'm kind of a clumsy person so I'm always tripping over things, whacking my hands/arms/knees/legs (hard enough to yelp and cause a bruise) on things, dropping stuff, ect. Once I simultaniously tripped and slammed a door on my hand managed to break the middle bone of my left ring finger. Just that bone, the rest of my hand/fingers were fine! I've learned to embrace my clumsiness, lol.

I walk into doors. More specifically, I always walk into the door handle. I have a pretty permanent bruise right below my right-hand elbow (on the front side)... and every time I do it, I go "dammit! again?!?!"
  • Saw my Hubby coming home on the motorbike so I flashed him......it was our worker.

They are VERY similar. Still mortifying
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    My dumbest moment was when someone asked me what the date was. I said I didn't know and they said the paper is there have a look on that. I replied "that's no good it's yesterdays" :laugh:
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    I stayed at my dads house last week... Was a little disoriented in middle of night when I woke up, didnt switch the light on so I wouldnt wake my fella up and walked into the door.... Very nearly knocked myself out only for ive a hard skull.

Oh and I accidentally blew up my mobile phone about a month or 2 ago, was burning garden rubbish and threw it in somehow and it exploded spraying me with hot melted plastic
  • pauljanet
    pauljanet Posts: 20 Member
    I have too many too mention, but this one is always mentioned around the dinner table.. here goes..
    Picture the scene, my hubby is away playing golf so I decide to meets some friends seeing as it was a hot afternnon, 8 baileys n ice later I walk the short distance to my home. I decide to de-frost my frige freezer as it was beginning to look like a humongous ice berg, the type that has pull out draws but now the fridge draws wont shut thus making more ice!
    Im sat on the kitchen floor a bit tipsy and set off hacking the ice with hammer/chisel and other kitchen utensils. At some point one of the plastic drawer front breaks and now has sharp edges, I decide to put my right arm into the back of the freezer draw and begin to try and break off the big clumps of ice, however when I tried to pull my arm back out, the serated edges off the broken draw was cuttin into my arm. I will cut the story short my arm was in that freezer for over an hour, I was surrounded by melted ice on the floor, I eventually managed to get my phone out of my back pocket and ring my friend who was still in the pub. She arrived with half the people out of the pub and all glaring and laughing at me through the kitchen window. My front door and downstairs windows were closed, so she decided to ring the fire brigade. They duly arrived with an ambulance in tow, the fire brigade had to get there ladders to the upstairs window and get in to rescue me from the freezer. by now I had been in the freezer for an hour n half. Ambulance crew then took over and wrapped my arm in tin foil. I have never lived this down ! lol
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    I once flew to the wrong airport, got into the rental and when the navi told me I was 700 miles from the office - I was sure *it* was wrong. It took me 30 minutes to figure out what I had done. And then a day to get back and fly to the right place.

Atlanta - Chicago? Same difference. :noway:

PS - I did all the booking request and everything...

*beat that*

Nope. Can't be done. :) You win.
  • frogz21
    frogz21 Posts: 314
    I have too many too mention, but this one is always mentioned around the dinner table.. here goes..
    Picture the scene, my hubby is away playing golf so I decide to meets some friends seeing as it was a hot afternnon, 8 baileys n ice later I walk the short distance to my home. I decide to de-frost my frige freezer as it was beginning to look like a humongous ice berg, the type that has pull out draws but now the fridge draws wont shut thus making more ice!
    Im sat on the kitchen floor a bit tipsy and set off hacking the ice with hammer/chisel and other kitchen utensils. At some point one of the plastic drawer front breaks and now has sharp edges, I decide to put my right arm into the back of the freezer draw and begin to try and break off the big clumps of ice, however when I tried to pull my arm back out, the serated edges off the broken draw was cuttin into my arm. I will cut the story short my arm was in that freezer for over an hour, I was surrounded by melted ice on the floor, I eventually managed to get my phone out of my back pocket and ring my friend who was still in the pub. She arrived with half the people out of the pub and all glaring and laughing at me through the kitchen window. My front door and downstairs windows were closed, so she decided to ring the fire brigade. They duly arrived with an ambulance in tow, the fire brigade had to get there ladders to the upstairs window and get in to rescue me from the freezer. by now I had been in the freezer for an hour n half. Ambulance crew then took over and wrapped my arm in tin foil. I have never lived this down ! lol

Omg that's hilarious. I could only imagine your embarrassment.
  • frogz21
    frogz21 Posts: 314
    Saw my Hubby coming home on the motorbike so I flashed him......it was our worker.

Omg.. lol
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    Almost every moment of every day. I'm so clumsy that when someone said to me last week 'the funniest moment of last year was at that pancake party when you accidently flipped a pancake on your own head' it took me 5 minutes to remember it. that stuff is just an everyday part of my life!

It's so bad that, when my housemates were feeling a bit down, one of them came up with this story to cheer everyone up.... and they believed it!
    he stuck a note in anonymous handwriting on the fridge saying 'she went for a walk last night, and found a baby piglet that was hurt. she bought it home to look after but unfortunately it died. it was starting to smell, so please stop putting the milk in the fridge so their is room for the pig.'

only 3 of us knew, and the other 6 believed it (I'm vegetarian, another standing joke of the house!). I told them i buried it in a friend's garden and was literally crying with laughter. We kept this up for 5 days and unfortunately it spread around college as 'fact'...
  • pauljanet
    pauljanet Posts: 20 Member
    Saw my Hubby coming home on the motorbike so I flashed him......it was our worker.

Yep I can relate to this one too! hahaha
  • quillsHP
    quillsHP Posts: 91 Member
    Oh regular part of my life...these dumb moments. This one time I was on the phone and I was walking and talking...getting in some exercise :P near the emergency stairs. And I always wanted to open the door though it said "Open in case of emergency". I just wanted to see the bloody stairs and what was so special about them. So I opened the door. And DING DING DING DING...the alarm went off in my office building and everyone thought it was an earthquake/fire. So we all run out the building for 10 minutes before everyone figured it was a false alarm.

Later I came to know there's a security camera right above that door. Oh god I still cringe when I pass by the security guards.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    My dumbest moment was when someone asked me what the date was. I said I didn't know and they said the paper is there have a look on that. I replied "that's no good it's yesterdays" :laugh:
    Love it! A few months ago I got some Chinese takeaways for me and chips for the kids. I absentmindedly picked up the Chinese while the chips were being wrapped then when they handed them over I said they'd forgotten to give me the Chinese. She looked at me strangely so I repeated myself, in an accusing tone, and she pointed to the takeaways I was already holding. I felt like such a twit.
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    I called my friend and had her drive 15 miles to save me because I had locked myself in the car, I had pressed lock on the key fob but the unlock button didnt work. So I was sitting thinking my god I'm locked in so I was going to get her to drive through give her the keys to my house to get in and get the spare key where the fob worked.

Once she arrived (she's blonde I'm brunette) she suggested that I wind the window down (old car) and just put my arm round into the lock and unlock it with the key. How thick am I lol I never thought of it and was sat there for half an hour waiting for her.

Similar incident I locked my car key in my car. When I was at uni I used to put all my things on the passenger seat and as it was winter I put my coat on top of my bag etc. Get out of the car and so I don't forget to lock it I open the passenger door, lock all the doors and then put my key in my bag so it's safe. So there I was standing putting my coat on in the snow when bam the car door gets shut in a gust of wind. House keys, car keys and mobile phone along with my purse and everything I needed for my lectures are stuck in the car! So I went to the uni borrowed a friends phone who didn't have a car, rang my aunty to pick my up (20 miles away) got security to keep the cctv on my car since my purse was in plain sight then drove to my dad's work for the house keys, then home for the spare car key, back to the uni to get all my stuff then drove back to my dads work to give him his house keys back before FINALLY getting to class which I ended up missing most of.
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member

Oh and I accidentally blew up my mobile phone about a month or 2 ago, was burning garden rubbish and threw it in somehow and it exploded spraying me with hot melted plastic

I blew mine up too! I decided I was on the phone and I needed to get showered but it was my bf and I didn't want to hang up so I thought it will be romantic sort of if I'm in the shower talking to him, I didn't need to wash my hair so as long as I kept the phone dry it would be fine. Well daft me goes and drops the phone in the shower tray picks it up and it won't turn on ... hmmm I decided the battery must have died, plugs it into a wall socket and sparks started to fly. I took it to a phone shop the next day and they were like lady what the heck did you do to this?!! I was too embarrassed to say so I just bought a new one.

On a different note though Nokia's survive being dropped in the toilet... and no the water wasn't clear I'll forever feel dirty on my right arm.
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    oh i remember being in the pool when i was 15 and at the time i loved ducks! one of the little kids at the party i was at had a little fisher price play house and he kept kicking the door open so the door would swing over the pool. i happen to end up near the door at one point and a friend of mine said "RAE! DUCK!" and i screamed "WHERE?" as i wanted to see the duck...got hit right in the head and got knocked out went under water and my friends had to save me. -_- woke up in hospital with my friends saying "wheres the duck rae!!!"
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member

That awkward moment at the office Christmas party when you realize that's the guy you flashed :) Bahahaha...I feel your shame.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member

I walk into doors. More specifically, I always walk into the door handle. I have a pretty permanent bruise right below my right-hand elbow (on the front side)... and every time I do it, I go "dammit! again?!?!"

I usually walk into the door jamb....have done that since I was a kid!