Cellulite!!!

Options
What is the best way to get rid of cellulite (thighs & tush, lol). Advice?

Replies

• Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Not to be snarky but cellulite is fat so the best way to get rid of cellulite is to lose weight.
  • ptjolsen
    ptjolsen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm a personal trainer with 6 years experience and I can't tell you how many times I have to answer this question. So I'll just copy and paste the link to what I basically tell everyone.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/149465.php/
  • FourPawsx2
    Options
    Caffeine can be a major cause. And being overweight. And be careful not to consume anything - and I mean ANYTHING, no matter how small - which contains aspartame (also known as Nutrasweet, and various other names). This stuff makes you crave carbohydrates, can have disastrous effects on your health, and will cause cellulite no matter how skinny you are. Found in foods and drinks which are 'sugar free'. Believe me, sugar is much better!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Caffeine can be a major cause. And being overweight. And be careful not to consume anything - and I mean ANYTHING, no matter how small - which contains aspartame (also known as Nutrasweet, and various other names). This stuff makes you crave carbohydrates, can have disastrous effects on your health, and will cause cellulite no matter how skinny you are. Found in foods and drinks which are 'sugar free'. Believe me, sugar is much better!
    Lol, "scaremongering" about causes from aspartame! Cellulite is basically GENETIC. It's a cell(s) in the body. If you're going to post misinformation, at the very least give us the source that you are getting this from.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ifallsupstairs
    Options
    Actually washing your legs with cold water once in a while helps. I'm not sure how, but I've read it somewhere.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Picard.jpg
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Lol, "scaremongering" about causes from aspartame! Cellulite is basically GENETIC. It's a cell(s) in the body. If you're going to post misinformation, at the very least give us the source that you are getting this from.

This. I drink diet soda... the double whammy of caffeine and aspartame! I should look like the surface of the moon.

1year-butt.jpg

I'd already lost most of my cellulite with my weight loss. What I had at 130# a year ago was about the same as I had my entire life, even as a skinny kid.

Good nutrition with adequate protein, proper hydration, and regular exercise including heavy weight training lead to the 2nd picture.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to work mine off, with no results then I read this: Can You Beat Cellulite?
    3 experts take a look at the latest treatments
    ..."That's because cellulite is not a fat problem, it's a skin problem. It has nothing to do with what you weigh, or how much weight you lose," says Hollywood dermatologist Howard Murad, MD, author of The Cellulite Solution.

The fat that causes cellulite is not the same as the fat that takes us from a size 10 to a 14, experts say. That fat lies far below the skin, closer to our bones, and it is what the body burns as fuel for energy.

Cellulite, on the other hand, is made up of fat cells that reside within the skin. They can't be burned as fuel, says Murad, so dieting, exercise, even liposuction won't help...
    http://www.webmd.com/healthy-beauty/features/can-you-beat-cellulite
    I wasn't happy to read this.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    WEIGHT LIFTING

I used to have crazy cellulite on the back of my thighs and butt. Since I started lifting weights its nearly all gone
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Wish mine would go away D: mine was still noticeable at 118 pounds
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Running helped me a lot. I still have some, but it's much better.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options

lol!!! I drink diet pop all the time and use sugar substitutes. It DOES NOT make me crave carbs, or sugar. AND my cellulite has all but disappeared. :drinker:
  • kytte
    kytte Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing stuff on the internet being passed around saying that "dry brushing" will get rid of cellulite. Can anyone either confirm or deny this?
  • Fit_Vixen
    Fit_Vixen Posts: 201
    Options

This. I drink diet soda... the double whammy of caffeine and aspartame! I should look like the surface of the moon.

1year-butt.jpg

I'd already lost most of my cellulite with my weight loss. What I had at 130# a year ago was about the same as I had my entire life, even as a skinny kid.

Good nutrition with adequate protein, proper hydration, and regular exercise including heavy weight training lead to the 2nd picture.

Dang girl, look at you!!! You know before I had kids, or hell, even as a kid (teen) myself I was 5'9 and 120 lb. Yes a twig, and still had cellulite. Nothing compared to what I have now, but still.

I just started dieting & working out, last week and already I see a difference in my body. But the cellulite is ever so prominent, lol. I know it's only been 2 weeks & no I haven't been focusing strictly on my legs. I want to get closer to my goal weight to start using weights. I also, just purchased the Jillian Michaels Whey Protein. I'll be using that after my workout & possibly once in a while as my breakfast meal. I hope all this will help.

I haven't been drinking Soda at all, not even diet. Just water & decafinated green tea w/splenda.

Thank you all for your advice, I guess I just didn't want to hear a "you can't get rid of cellulite" answer, this gives me hope :)
  • mrsains
    mrsains Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi Vanrox1... I have always battled cellulite on my legs and rear. I am a petite person to begin with, so I just thought it was part and parcel of the body I was given. WRONG! :) Here's my before and after, approximately 2 months on MFP:

4c92c2ae.jpg

I have always exercised, but it wasn't until I started really focusing on my diet that I started to notice a difference. I still certainly have some on my outer thighs, but it has been visibly decreased and I'm pretty pumped about it.

In addition to watching what I eat, I have been doing Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred (lots of squats and lunges), and I continue to play sports/do cardio at the gym.

Just wanted to give you a little more hope :)
  • SaraBiston1
    SaraBiston1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Here are some tips:

Lose weight by burning more calories than you consume each day.
    Yoga and deep breathing is an exercise that you can practice to help you smooth out cellulite.
    Exercises like swimming, walking, stair stepping and even dancing will facilitate burn calories and these exercises can help remove cellulite from the legs.
    Try cellulite massages where you feel cellulite.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is related but i only developed cellulite when i went on the pill- I was on it for 10 years. My sister, who is extreamly similar to me was on it for 6 months only and hasn't developed it.
  • Lisamar74
    Options
    Not to be snarky but cellulite is fat so the best way to get rid of cellulite is to lose weight.

Losing weight won't necessarily get rid of cellulite. I have a lot of very skinny friends with bad cellulite.
  • Lisamar74
    Options
    I'm a personal trainer with 6 years experience and I can't tell you how many times I have to answer this question. So I'll just copy and paste the link to what I basically tell everyone.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/149465.php/

Really helpful and rings true for me as I have always had cellulite and think my diet has always been very rich in carbs & salt. That's the pizza lover in me! Helpful reminder that it's not just contributing to my weight but to the dimples in my backside also:(
  • murphette2
    murphette2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Even the thought of giving up coffee is scary!!!!!