Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is this even an NSV?

I have lost about 7 kilos now...3 after joining MFP. Went from 104 to 97. And my ultimate goal is 70 kilos. Sigh seems so far away.

Anyway, the other day I was trying to put on my shoes while standing. And I realized...I didn't fall over. Neither did I need to hold the wall to support myself. I just put them on and then I thought "Is gaining balance an NSV?". What do you guys think?

Replies

• that is absolutely an NSV, great job!
  • kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    definately an NSV :)
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Heck yes!
    And congratulations!
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Stupid question, what exactly is an NSV? :embarassed:
  • Murf1968
    Murf1968 Posts: 315 Member
    Non Scale Victory - an achievement that you notice, but not in the figures on the scale.
  • VarnerChic
    VarnerChic Posts: 35 Member
    Absolutely! Ironically, that is one of the first things I noticed as well. My balance improved dramatically...
  • Definitely!! Celebrate it! As your 'core' gets stronger, your balance will improve, making your workouts more effective, as well as making every day life just plain EASIER!
  • been285
    been285 Posts: 99 Member
    mark this a victory,,,, another reason to never go back
  • quillsHP
    quillsHP Posts: 91 Member
    Wow I never knew weight loss had so damn many perks! :D
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Definitely!! Congrats!! :)
  • ShaneWinston58
    ShaneWinston58 Posts: 156 Member
    Yes, that is definitely a NSV!!! I find that shaving my legs gets easier too. CONGRATULATIONS!!! 8]
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    YES core stablity is definately a NSV! congrats
  • quillsHP
    quillsHP Posts: 91 Member
    Wow I never knew weight loss had so damn many perks! :D
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    You've made a great start, and already you are reaping the benefits! Maybe if you set interim goals (scale and non-scale) for yourself, it won't seem so overwhelming. Keep up the good work! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!