The old tyre...

Options
Hi all,
Does anyone else have a tyre around their mid region?
I'm starting to lose motivation - toning up in some areas, but this darn tyre around my hips just doesn't seem to be budging.
Any suggestions?
I would love to know if anyone else has the same problem!
:)

Replies

• deeosborn
    deeosborn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i'm the same as you, i'd love ot know how to get rid of it!! :grumble:
  • LisaWilson2012
    LisaWilson2012 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I do. It's going gradually but not nearly as fast as I'd hoped. Fat loss starts to go from the last place it appeared. For me, my midsection was the first place I put it on, followed by my hips, buttocks, armpits and finally my face. I therefore understand that I will lose it from all those places first before it finally comes off my tummy! I know this to be the case as my hips and upper body have all started to get smaller by more and more quickly!

Also, bear in mind that fat comes off in layers from everywhere starting from the last place it was put on.

Good luck on your journey, stay positive... xxx
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    fat around your middle is a natural place for it to accumulate. To protect your organs. It will be the last place to leave (for most people)

Your arms, legs, and face will lose fat first. To get rid of the belly flab you will need to be low on total body fat.

It takes time and persistence. Hang in there.
  • fattarzan
    Options
    Hi there,

if you mean about the spare tire, meaning the love handles and belly'guts (mid-section); well I've done research and sprinting is the way to go for fast resuls. my gut/belly did slim down and now working on love handles. that is causes by too much carbs as I have read. good luck and don't give up, go for the sprinting workouts.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

if you mean about the spare tire, meaning the love handles and belly'guts (mid-section); well I've done research and sprinting is the way to go for fast resuls. my gut/belly did slim down and now working on love handles. that is causes by too much carbs as I have read. good luck and don't give up, go for the sprinting workouts.

sprinting is a great cardio workout but it is no better or worse for burning excess fat than any other exercise.

to get rid of belly fat takes two things only-

1, a caloric deficit

2, time