Fresh new start

I have been on mvp starting this summer. I feel like I did really good at least for starting out. I was really dedicated to my
goals. Lately, I fell into a bit of a depression, slipped up a few times, got busy doing school and kids, that logging in started slowing down. I know all of my friends are still there and haven't gave up on me. but I have a weird way of getting back on the horse, and i started with changing my name. Princess Tarisa. I have gotten back on my medication that I tried to do without because I read that it may prevent weight loss. The truth is if my mood is greatly effected thats not going to get me losin weight either. Next, I am beginning today as it is my first day. I know I had about an 8 lb progress, and was there for some time, but I just want to give this another shot. I think I am always more interested in focused when I am doing something for the first time. so here I am. brand new again! I even have to reset my menu settings which is great because I won't let pizza or hershey almond chocolate bar be on that list! at least for awhile! I think when I make progress I start to get comfortable eating those things, so that is another reason to start fresh.
I'd love to hear how you have handled getting stuck at times like mine?

Replies

• hey... welcome back... i hope you feel better and reach your goals...

it is difficult breaking a habit so I recommend having a cheat day once every 2 weeks or so... that way you can look forward to it while eating healthy the rest of the days... and now on my cheat day when I think about the foods that I used to be crazy about (Chinese food in the mall) I kinda feel sick and would rather cook something myself ending up eating semi healthy... win win... :)

feel free to add me... and good luck...
  • jenshoeee
    jenshoeee Posts: 29 Member
    I know how you feel.... It's really hard to continue being healthy and such when life gets stressful. A few days ago, for example, my dad got drunk and was acting crazy. It really upset me, so what did I do? Went to Taco Bell and drank an XL Baja Blast. I felt so badly about myself afterwards. It's not worth it. All my hard work down the drain :(

My best advice is to stay positive! If you mess up, you're only human, don't be too hard on yourself. Add an extra few reps to a workout or eat a little better for the rest of the day.

Here's something that helps me out.

http://pinterest.com/pin/202310208232087141/

Rule 20: Plan ONE splurge meal a week.

Hope I helped! Good luck :)