Dating/Food/Drinks

Options
From my experience it seems like I tend to eat and drink more when I am dating someone than when I am not.
You know you go out to a nice dinner and you don't order the salad but instead the steak and potatoes and dessert and apps. Don't forget the bottles of wine and all the drinks you can drink. Last person I dated I put on like 18 pounds in 4 months and before that I put on about 35 in 8 months. I got to buck this trend!
What do you all think? Do you have the same experiences?

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is almost why I'm here.

I moved in with my fiance, and then I gained 10 pounds and we were constantly going out to eat. NOT ANYMORE!
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    From my experience it seems like I tend to eat and drink more when I am dating someone than when I am not.
    You know you go out to a nice dinner and you don't order the salad but instead the steak and potatoes and dessert and apps. Don't forget the bottles of wine and all the drinks you can drink. Last person I dated I put on like 18 pounds in 4 months and before that I put on about 35 in 8 months. I got to buck this trend!
    What do you all think? Do you have the same experiences?

On dates, spend more time talking and less time eating/drinking ;)

Most people on dates eat and drink plenty because a) they're less comfortable talking, and b) they don't want to come across as picky or paranoid about what they eat as a man, like it's somehow wrong to care about what you eat as a guy.

Answer: Order a nice big steak and side salad to come across as less picky. Drink iced water, and talk more - and the time will fly by :)

Either that, or eat something small and choose another date activity that isn't eating. Bowling is generally always a winner... You get to look at her butt when she bowls, and vice versa ;)
  • Kevww1982
    Options
    I think that people tend to steer away from their plans on dates because they feel like its a cheat day or such. With me for instance if I was normally working out 6 days a week and if I replace 3 of those days with a date either going out with someone new or someone that I have been seeing for awhile that doesnt matter I feel like if we are at a nice place I am going to go all out and enjoy myself. So it gets easy to fall off your plan.

Plus the dates dont always involve dinners or such but if I spend more time at the movies or getting stuck going shopping or watching TV at home then I am not playing sports or at the gym like I would normally do if I was not dating/seeing someone.