Scale vs. Inches????

Options
Ok..... I thought I have stalled on my weight loss progress.... but in the last month lost 2 pounds... (Boo)... But have lost a total of 10 1/4 INCHES..... (YEAH)... Though the scale has not been my friend... love the fact that the inches are going bye-bye.
So, if the scale in not your friend either... please grab that tape measure, you may be truely pleased... :drinker:

Replies

• ktbrett22
    ktbrett22 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing this week and SCREW the scale! I ran a total of 28k last week and lost nothing at all. But overall I've lost 8 inches in the last couple of month :D It's all about the tape measure....
  • nauti2012
    Options
    Amen too that.. :laugh:
  • suenewberry81
    suenewberry81 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    The scales can be very cruel :-( I got myself down a bit yesterday as I'm not
    Losing weight but must be losing inches as i've gone from a size 16 coat last yr need a new one this yr and I've been trying on size 10 :-) I tried a body warmer on and it was a size 8, but I've Only lost a stone since last winter, they say 10lb is roughly a size but I've lost 3 sizes and lost 14lb xx
  • ismiseciara
    ismiseciara Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    exactly muscle weighs more than fat , so you are probably gaining more muscle mass hence the numbers not dropping inches lost are better than what the scale says in my eye ...because the results are more visible :)
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    exactly muscle weighs more than fat

I cannot tell you how much I hate this statement.
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I hear soo many others say the same. You don't always have to listen to the scale.
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    I am on my second round of ripped in 30. The 1st I lost 4 1/2 in no lbs. This time another 4 inchs and I finally lost 2 lbs. I atribute the weight lost to my changing my diet completely. Ive been following Bob Harpers "The Skinny Rules" and love it. I recommend for anyone who needs an overhaul.
  • Marvi120
    Marvi120 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    After feeling depressed when weighing myself and staying the same or even increasing, I made the decision to never use a scale again. The benefits i have attained from this program are: (a) I have lost inches (b) My clothes aren't as tight (c) My muffin top is smaller (d) I don't jiggle as much when I walk (e) I am more physically fit, not as winded now when I exercise, I am going to be in great shape when we start downhill skiing this winter (f) I am sleeping better, my husband says I'm not snoring as much (g) I was getting palpitations and heart racing which happens rarely now.

Thanks MFP!
  • ismiseciara
    ismiseciara Posts: 211 Member
    Options

I no but its true
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options

I no but its true

No, it is not true.
    http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=8311&sc=128
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Just worry more about the inches and how your clothes fit. You are more than likely losing fat and gaining lean muscle...in turn, you scale weight might not go in either direction.
  • Platypusimus
    Platypusimus Posts: 33 Member
    Options

I no but its true

No, it is not true.
    http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=8311&sc=128

Agreed! I think it's the idea that per square inch it would weigh more. But in itself it does not.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I have trouble with the tape measure. I feel like I'm not doing it correctly and I've watched some youtube videos on exactly where to measure, but if I'm off a quarter of an inch then my measurements will be too! and what if I don't measure in the EXACT same spot every time? Should I use permanent marker or something that won't wash off? Haha :laugh:
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I have trouble with the tape measure. I feel like I'm not doing it correctly and I've watched some youtube videos on exactly where to measure, but if I'm off a quarter of an inch then my measurements will be too! and what if I don't measure in the EXACT same spot every time? Should I use permanent marker or something that won't wash off? Haha :laugh:

I have a mole or two that I use as a reference point - it keeps me honest on where to measure!
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    <<~~ today the scale said I'm up 5 lbs! So I threw it out the window since I love what I see in the mirror!!!