Hey Mud Runners!!!

Options
ThePhoenixRose
ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
A few friends and I are headed to the Mud Factor 5k on Saturday in Minneapolis. I have a few questions for those who've participated in these before. I'm not so interested in your racing experience, though feel free to share that! But what I'm curious about is after the race. I'd imagine that a bunch of people who've just swum through mud don't all go get in their cars filthy dirty, right? So, what can I expect? A shower station? A hose? People just getting naked wherever they are and wiping clean best they can to put on clean clothes?

I want to know so I'm prepared! I'm thinking I'll bring a change of clothes, different shoes, and a towel with me. Is there anything else I'll need that I'm not thinking of? This is a first for all of us who are doing it together, so any advice is appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    WD supplies dudes w/ hoses on pool water trucks. and also a St Jude fund raiser where for the donation you can have an actual shower.

also many towel tents were seen: three friends all holding up a towel each while friend in the middle changed clothes.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    WD supplies dudes w/ hoses on pool water trucks. and also a St Jude fund raiser where for the donation you can have an actual shower.

also many towel tents were seen: three friends all holding up a towel each while friend in the middle changed clothes.

yes what Maab said...bring towels and maybe a gallon of water to help finse your hair off when you get tot he car. flip flops for later...Good Luck ! REMEMBER TO STRETCH AND DRINK WATER BEFORE HAND...I GOT SICK WHEN I COMPLETED MINE !
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Wits and I never got to the mud part! There were hoses and we saw lots of people looking pretty clean as we were driving in the EMT cart. She was smart and brought a towel, we both had a change of clothes.

Bring an extra pair of shoes too!
  • brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    at the spartan race, there were hoses that yo ucan wash off with. I would definitley bring a change of clothes. There were tents where yo ucan change near the hoses.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I changed in the parking lot last weekend. You for sure want to bring clothes and shoes!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    The hose lines tend to be long...bring your own water!
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    I completed 2 mud runs this summer. The Warrior Dash, and The Hot Mess Mud Run.

Bring a clean set of clothes and a new pair of shoes to change into. Bring a towel, and also bring a few plastic bags to put your dirty wear into. Don't forget your ID and your camera.

Have fun and Good Luck!
  • RMCoffey
    Options
    Change of clothes right down to your underpants, shoes, plastic bags. And there are usually shower stations where you can clean up but I wouldnt expect to much from these. They are usually outside with no curtains so you'll have to clean up with your clothes on with all your mud running friends :smile: Have Fun!
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    The ones I have done have a bank of water hoses with jet sprayers set up. And then there are changing tents to go into to change your clothes. I would recommend to make sure when You are using the waterhose to pull out your pants out at the waist and rinse real good too. When you change you'll find dirt, mud and debris in unexpected places. :)
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    Options
    At out Warrior Dash there was just a pond...a very very brown pond.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I've been in two and both times, there was someone dedicated to hosing everyone down. Bring a change of clothes and shoes, plus bags to put the yucky muddy stuff in...and a couple of towels.

Have fun! I am running in another mud race this weekend!
  • breza262
    breza262 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    At the dirty girl, there were spickets and hoses to try to clean off. Towels are necessary, and a clean set of clothes (don't forget your under-clothes, one of our gals did and that was a bummer!), but don't bring any clothes that you love. They will all get dirty, even your second set. And a plastic bag to put your dirty, muddy clothes in for the ride home. I ended up throwing my socks out and donating my shoes, but brought the rest home. Someone I was with brought facial clothes, which was awesome for my face, ears and neck. Our goal was just to get clean enough to not get our car dirty. At home we did the deep clean! lol I did see a few people that had put plastic garbage bags over the seats and floor of their car and I thought that was a great idea. Good luck!
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I would also make sure you have gloves for during the race so you don't tear your hands all up, it seem everyone has covered everything else....

oh yeah have FUN!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    When I did it, I rinsed off with the makeshift shower they had set up, then changed clothes best I could at my car and sat on a towel for the ride home.