Superbowl????

Options

Replies

• UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Oh man! Greatttt post! This weekend is superbowl ANDDDD I LIVE IN MIAMIIIII! Oh my..... I have also been looking forward to it and think of it as a holiday. I think that making myself work out for at least an hour that morning and eating healthy before will cut the bad choices (alittle bit). If everyone that is cheating works out, that will curb the damage! Good luck everyone and have an amazing time! :)
  • tabbiekaye23
    tabbiekaye23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    crawfish and crab boil for me too!!! GEAUX SAINTS!! WHO DAT
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You guys are KILLING me....it's been 4 1/2 years since I've had crawfish.....yes....I'm counting!
  • brookelillie
    Options
    Hey Kristen81. it is absolutely INSANE down here!! Not only SUPA BEAUXL (lol) but Mardi Gras parades start tonight!! Its going to be a busy weekend, but I'm sure I'll burn quite a few calories walking at the parade and cheering for my Saints!! Can you believe we actually made it? Glad you got some Abita!(My fav is their pontchtoula strawberry that comes out in the Spring) Stay warm in Colorado!! Geaux Saints!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I am going to be running in a 5K that morning, so I am imagining that will justify the food/drink that will be at the party we are invited to. I went to costco and bought the favorite dip that my hostess loves, and was SHOCKED to see how caloric it is...she loves that chunky artichoke and jalapeno dip, it is 90 calories for 2 tbsp. I have seen an entire quart container disappear at her house in a matter of a few hours, and I had never checked the cals...I won't be eating that, I can tell you that much!!!

not to be contrary but just out of loyalty to my hubby....GO COLTS :tongue:
  • brookelillie
    Options
    The WB dahlin!!(Lol)Can't wait for Sunday! What about you?
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm going to visiting in April with a friend who has never been...should be great! I'll be staying on the West Bank with my (future) cousin, Chris.

I grew up in Da Parish...NO! I DO NOT WEAR SHRIMPIN BOOTS!
  • brookelillie
    Options
    Lol!! My mom worked in Da Parish until Katrina... It's coming back slowly but surely!April is a great time for a crawfish boil!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I live on the Westbank. Where on the WB do you live on the WB?
  • brookelillie
    Options
    I live on the Westbank. Where on the WB do you live on the WB?
    In "Historic" Harvey. In fact my 2 year old daughter refers to herself as the Princess of Harvey! And you? We probably know each other!
  • April0815
    Options
    In Marrero. I workout at Snap Fitness
  • jennifermcornett
    jennifermcornett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Colts by 7.

Why are there so many Saints fans on this topic? :(
  • brookelillie
    Options
    Sorry jenni- its just our nature. Plus its Mardi Gras down here as if we didn't have enough excitement
    April- I've thought about Snap but I usually run on the levee. Do you like it?and which one? Lafayette st or lapalco?
  • sweetteacher123
    Options
    Make sure you get in a good workout that day so you earn extra calories. Try to fill up on veggies and healthy items. That way, you can eat the not-so-healthy items in moderation. The party I'm going to we're starting with chili, so I have a healthy main course option. Wish me luck! And good luck to you!
  • April0815
    Options
    Brooke-The one on Lapalco. I live close to Visitation of Our Lady school.
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    It's Homemade pizza for us, though the veggie platter is a great idea.

I like the Colts, but I'm fine with the Saints too, especially considering it's their first Superbowl in the history of the franchise.

I'm just looking forward to a good game.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I am the lucky one..............I don't count calories and I am able to eat liberal amounts of fat on my plan..................

Since I am low carbing, hot wings and veggies with a fatty dip is right up my alley...................I am also making a meat and cheese platter along with a veggie, fruit and cheese tray with buttermilk ranch dip..............
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Since I do not "diet" holidays and special events are not hard for me. I make healthier choices in what I eat and If I do go to a party or get together I just eat in moderation and make sure if I bring something it is healthy.
  • deedysgirl0183
    Options
    Great recommendations! Thanks!
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Just want to point out the irony that on superbowl Sunday we all sit around and eat the most fattening foods, drink high calorie beers, and sit on our *kitten* while we watch other people exercise for a few hours!!

With that said, I hope everyone enjoys pigging out for a day - one day won't ruin anything! In fact, I've heard some people say that "shocking" ths body with a dramatic sudden change in routine can actually jump start your metabolism if you've hit a plateau!