Sensa Class action Lawsuit

Options
donyellemoniquex3
donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
We all know that is just crap, but a class action lawsuit ? We just got a letter in the mail because my mom ordered it for me as a christmas present and I never used it... THANK GOD.

Replies

• VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    What happened with Sensa?
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    What's the lawsuit pertain to? Like people getting sick.... dying? Throwing away mass amounts of food due to sprinkling Sensa on it?
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    can't say i'm surprised...what's in that crap anyway?.....good thing you didn't use it.
  • kme2011
    kme2011 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i don't know anyone who used it but im interested to know why they filed the suit
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    What's the lawsuit pertain to? Like people getting sick.... dying? Throwing away mass amounts of food due to sprinkling Sensa on it?

people losing their sense of taste and smell, and the fact that the "medical claims" are bogus.
  • Tanig32
    Tanig32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wow a few weeks ago they were pushing those sensa commercials on tv but now i havent seen them at all, its sad when bad products get on the market and end up causing more harm than good. They know that people want to lose weight and they promote these quick results that never really amount to anything. I hope that nobody lost their lives because of sensa
  • NikkiHann17
    NikkiHann17 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Just found this from a friend of mine...don't know where she found it.

The Sensa weight loss settlement will resolve a false advertising class action lawsuit, entitled Correa v. Sensa Products, LLC, that alleges Sensa tricked consumers into buying its “weight-loss” crystals by using marketing claims not backed by scientific proof. Sensa denies these allegations and contents that its marketing claims are substantiated by three product studies and scientific research regarding neurology and the science of smell and taste, but has agreed to a class action lawsuit settlement to avoid the expense of ongoing litigation.

Class Members of the Sensa class action settlement include all U.S. consumers who purchased Sensa prior to August 21, 2012. If the court grants final approval to the Sensa settlement at the November 7, 2012 Final Fairness Hearing, Class Members who submit a Claim Form will receive a share of the $6 million settlement fund. The amount of money you will receive from the Sensa settlement will depend on, among other things, how many of the 2.6 million Class Members submit a timely and valid Claim Form.

Read more at http://www.topclassactions.com/open/2462-sensa-weight-loss-class-action-lawsuit-settlement#g85m56MhUAUUxVyC.99
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

people losing their sense of taste and smell, and the fact that the "medical claims" are bogus.

I think losing senses is a good basis for a lawsuit.