Frustrated

Options
Normally when I diet, I lose weight very quickly. So far, two weeks in, I lost a pound, then put it back on, along with another pound :S

What gives? I'm doing what I normally do, sticking to my calories, making sure I exercise every day.

The only thing I've done differently was that I didn't exercise on Monday && Tuesday due to illness.

Replies

• jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Off the top of my head I would suggest that you start drinking all your waters and watch your sodium.
    You might want to have MFP track your it , you may just be retaining fluid .
    Look at your food diary and notice how many foods you eat that are high in sodium.
    I think you will be stunned when you start counting it.
    Hopefully its just water weight gain and you can get rid of that with alot of water and cutting back on high sodium foods.
    Good luck.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Are you drinking your 8 glasses of water?
    Are you eating all of your calories?
    You would only lose quickly if you were losing water weight - are you taking your measurements?
    You may be losing inches - not weight. Don't get discouraged... you will do wonderful. :flowerforyou:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    It looks like you only have 7 lbs left you want to loose. Those of us in the home stretch have a hard time with losing weight at this point. I have been working on the last 5 lbs since September. It is tough. You lose some you gain some. Try measurements.
  • incircles_lp2
    incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    The closer your body gets to an equilibrium weight, the harder it is to lose weight. You may have to change up your workout routine so your body gets the hint that something is different. I believe they call this "plateauing." This seems to happen to me quite a bit. My body seems perfectly content at being 160...I was finally able to break that weight by 4 lbs in the past 2 years. I am hoping that I can keep losing from here on out, but I have to consistently vary my workout routine to "confuse" my body. You are very close to your goal weight, so you might have more muscle than fat, and your goal weight might no longer be a valid one. The skinniest I've ever been was 140lbs and I was very athletic and muscular looking! I am only 5 foot 4 and was "supposed" to be 120-130lbs. Yeah right! So take that into consideration and don't get discouraged! You can do it!
  • boccpio
    boccpio Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I'm a little frustrated, too, but I've decided to throw my scales out and not get back on them until the end of 30 days. I've been working out hard and dieting since Monday, and the scales aren't moving at all. I know all the reasons why they might not be, and it's only been a few days, but most times I'll get a few pounds off of water in the beginning....scales are going in the closet until March 1....consider it.