Italian Wedding Soup

Options
minimaggie
minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
With fall upon us, I have been craving soup. Wedding soup is one of our house favorites. This is a VERY light and healthy version with TONS of flavor. You can adjust all of the seasonings to your prefered levels. I hope you enjoy is as much as we did!!! It was delicious and even better the second day!

Number of servings 8

Ingredients
Foster Farms - Fresh Ground Turkey (93% Lean, 7% Fat), 16 oz
Dole - Packaged Salad - Baby Spinach, 6 c
Miracle Noodle - Shirataki Rice, 12 oz / 85 g
Dean's - Egg White (Large), 2 egg white
Kroger - Clear Chicken Broth 99% Fat Free Low Sodium, 8 Cup
Onions - Sweet, raw, 1.25 onion
Fresh Basil - Basil Leaves, 3 or 4
Garlic - Raw - 1 Clove (1 Tsp, 3g), 10 clove
Salt Free Italian Seasoning, 2 tbsp
Generic - Great Value Finely Shredded Parmesan Blend, 1/3 cup
Bertoli - Evoo, 1 tbsp
Salt and Pepper to taste

Total: 1240 68 54 17 127 13
Per Serving: 155 9 7 2 16 2

Combine basil leaves, 3 cloves garlic, parmesan cheese and .25 of an onion in a small food processor and pulse until finely chopped. In a bowl combine turkey and egg whites with basil mixture. Mix well with hands to combine. Shape into small meatballs, approx 50 and set aside. Chop remaining onion and garlic. In a large soup pot, heat olive oil then add chopped onion and garlic and saute until onion is clear, approx 5-7 minutes. Add 1 cup chicken broth to pot to deglaze. Once deglazed add remaining chicken broth and italian seasoning. Bring to slow boil then slowly add meatballs, I usually drop one at a time. Rinse shirataki rice under cold running water for approx 5 minutes. Once meatballs begin to float add shirataki rice and spinach. Stir well to wilt spinach. Return to slow boil then cover and simmer for 30 min. add salt and pepper to taste then simmer an additional 30 min. Can be served with a sprinkle of shredded parmesan.

Replies