Anybody 5"9 or taller attempting to reach their goal?

I'm curious, as I'm 5"10, with a goal of 55-58kg. 58kg is not underweight, although people are suggesting it may be too thin. Has anybody of a similar height with a similar goal managed to achieve this?

Thanks =]

Replies

• Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    When I was at my physical peak (17 and incredibly active with martial arts) I was about 175lbs (sorry I don't know the conversions to K). I'm 5'11'' and had a ton of muscle on my frame, which is how I like it. For me, I just want to get back to that and no smaller. But I have a friend, same exact height as me, who only weighs about 150lbs just because she's built differently then me. When we were both 17 I was still bigger, but I didn't look fat next to her because my muscle was just different and she's just lean. It all depends on how you carry your weight. It's entirely possible for a tall woman to not weigh very much and still be healthy.
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    I am 5"8 and a half. My goal weight is 61kg (135 lbs. )

I think 55 kg is defenetly too thin for a tall girl :/
  • I think I'm about 134lbs. The people taht are suggesting that's too low are in fact people taht are very athletic. Muscle does weigh so much more, and while I admire people who can keep up such a level of fitness, I just haven't got the time! Bit frustrating =/

And I agree, depends on where/how you carry your weight too. It's reassuring to hear from taller people, as goal/healthy weights can be quite a bit higher. Reminds me that that's normal!
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    I have been trying to get over the scale for the past year and focus on my pants/dess size. I have found since I've been working out that I'm smaller than ever but not lighter than ever! (I'm 5'9" and wear a size 6-8 at 150#).
  • aligatah
    aligatah Posts: 24 Member
    There's an MFP group for tall women: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/109-tall-women
  • I think that's probably a good idea to just concentrate on size.

Thanks for the link!