What do you guys think about the JM Body revolution?

Options
Has anyone heard of/ tried the Jillian Micheals Body Revolution workout. From what I understand it's like the P90x, in that its a 90 day program with different phases and such. My husband (the beanstock) is always helping me find new ideas and ways of keeping it fresh and remaining engaged with this weight loss journey, as I still have a ways to go, and he found this package this morning. Looking for any and all advice on it, and if it would be worth giving it a go!

I dig her short workout times, and her always hilarious tag lines. Like this one, pertaining to the workouts: "Blast calories. Blast fat. Blast metabolism into the stratosphere!" Haha hilarious! So Im thinking it might be a good fit!

Anyways, Id appreciated the feedback if you have some! :glasses:

Replies

• Orionbelt
    Options
    I'm on week three of Body Revolution and am LOVING it. I went into it not being a huge JM fan but you have to hand it to her...she knows her stuff. My body seems to respond to her style of workouts and although I'm not losing weight (not trying to as I hit my weight goal after losing almost 50 lbs) I am noticing a HUGE difference in how tight my body is becoming. I REALLY like the short workouts and that they change every two weeks. One of my biggest pitfalls with doing 90 day programs is that I get really bored of them after a while but she is always changing this up. If you are looking for a huge calorie burn, however, this program won't give that to you. I'm 137 lbs and I burn about 175 calories per workout so I've had to be very strict with my diet on this program. I did the Insanity program and was burning up to 500 calories per workout so I didn't have to be as strict with my diet but as I said, I am seeing results with this just after three weeks so I do recommend it!
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/2883-jillian-michaels-body-revolution

This may help you...I belong to the group and you can find a lot of info here. Also I have completed the program and I LOVED it. She does wonders for me so I can say no bad about most of her workouts. Good luck
  • jjj1988
    jjj1988 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump. I have this program but haven't used it yet!
  • RooMcDermott
    RooMcDermott Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about buying this as well. I currently have 30DS and RI30 (haven't tried the RI30 yet).

I am thinking about BR or Insanity......thoughts?
  • lynnie_6084
    lynnie_6084 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have it and I'm on week 3 as well and I am absolutely LOVING it. I hadn't worked out consistantly in a long time and I'm finding that the way the program is setup it makes it much easier to adjust to... Unlike P90X it doesn't throw you right into exercising at their level, it sort of brings you along so your tolerance and endurance are built up along the way...

I'm not following the diet so I can't comment on that, and I haven't really lost too much weight (about 4 lbs in the 3 weeks), but I am noticing a huge difference in my physical appearance, my muscles are getting more defined and I'm starting to be able to do things that I didn't think were possible 3 weeks ago (push ups!!)... I have lost about 3 inches from my waist so far and my clothes are starting to fit better... I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to get fit.
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about buying this as well. I currently have 30DS and RI30 (haven't tried the RI30 yet).

I am thinking about BR or Insanity......thoughts?

If you have done 30DS you're prepared to do Body Revolution. She uses some of the same moves in the first month. I'm thinking I'd do Insanity AFTER Body Revolution, it seems a little tougher.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    If you do a search, you'll find lots if threads on this. I live it as its only 30 minutes and its really varied.